Alert when users start playing content

smidley
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

smidley

It would be nice if there was some kind of alerting mechanism via boxcar or some other service when a user starts playing back content.  This would be nice to monitor when kids start watching something at home or similar situations.

I personality use the API Playback events to allow my home AI announce when playback starts on any device.

My home ai goes into quiet mode at night, but it is handy when my five year old tries to watch things I don't want him to watch yet, because he has some how hacked his way into my account. Lol!

Guess I should change my password from "11" to something harder. Lol!

smidley

I personality use the API Playback events to allow my home AI announce when playback starts on any device.

My home ai goes into quiet mode at night, but it is handy when my five year old tries to watch things I don't want him to watch yet, because he has some how hacked his way into my account. Lol!

Guess I should change my password from "11" to something harder. Lol!

That would be great if I had some of that "Home AI" lol.  But for the rest of us, it would be nice to have something built in that we could just tie to a smartphone :)

I use pushbullet to accomplish exactly that. Look in the plug in section in the emby dashboard.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
Scott310

Pushbullet is working for you?  I have pushbullet set up and I have individual users set up to notify me when they start media playback.  When I hit send test notification I get the test but when my users start playback nothing happens.  I know its set up correctly because the test works and I also get the broadcast emby update notifications just not the alerts individual alerts. Hmmm....