Amazon Prime Video

Teddy

For Premium users now Amazon Prime Video is free.

I have been looking to integrate it into WMC but with the IPTV plugin it does not work (I do not know if because in plugin settings it does not offer fill user and password).
Is there a plugin that could work or another way?

What do you mean free for premium users? More like you paid for premium and now you have it, right?

Regardless, Amazon's content is not available via API. We hope you will choose to watch more of your content with Emby instead :).

• Like 1

Sorry Luke, maybe it's only free for Amazon Spain people.

I thought that if I can enter Amazon Video from my browser or from the cell phone easily by entering the address, username and password, it would be easy to integrate it into Emby for WMC. I've tried IPTV and Revision3 but it does not work.

Thanks mastrmind11

The second link offers an add-in for WMC called "Amazon Prime Instant Video add-in".

I installed and it works but when I try to play a movie it does not work because of a "Location Restriction" problem since it makes use of the url Amazon.com.

I will try to investigate if I can solve it.

Update: Amazon Prime Instant Video add-in works great with WMC, the pity is that it only works for USA, and tried to edit the editable files to change the location but it is not possible, and Emby for WMC does not have any plugin for it.

Well, at least I can see it on my cellular and my Smart TV.

Edited by Teddy

• 10 months later...
shpitz461

Thanks Teddy, it works well!

Had to disable Avast Antivirus for the addin to work, we just finished watching Top Gear :)

jachin99

If you download tubecore for wmc and use playing then you don't have to deal with the browser window popping out with this plugin. Plus you get to run playing in wmc

shpitz461

Got it, thanks!

Will try to set it up later. The amazon prime addin works well for me though, no popups or issues.

jachin99

I'm curious about why so many other people get popups but you don't.  Do you have updates enabled in WIndows? 

@@Teddy playon lets you choose a region for amazon.  I'm not sure where you live but I thought that might be helpful.  I dont know if playon will actually try to verify your region either so you could probably just tell it the US and be fine.

shpitz461

Not sure. I live in Tucson, AZ.

Initially I got a login screen and entered user/pwd, that's it.

I also went to IE11 and logged in, I read somewhere that this usually eliminates problems.

I didn't use the plugin much, but the few times I did it worked fine.

Running this on an Intel NUC with Win7 Ultimate. I need to check about Windows Update, not sure if that's enabled or not.

I'm curious about why so many other people get popups but you don't.  Do you have updates enabled in WIndows? 

@@Teddy playon lets you choose a region for amazon.  I'm not sure where you live but I thought that might be helpful.  I dont know if playon will actually try to verify your region either so you could probably just tell it the US and be fine.

Thanks jachin99 but my problem was that my previous TV did not have the app for Amazon Video Prime. With my new TV with WebOS3  now I use the application that has built-in. Anyway, thanks.

• 3 months later...
jachin99

Teddy, if you look over on thegreenbutton.tv, someone has gotten Kodi & Amazon Prime to integrate into WMC pretty well.  I can send you a link if you want but there is a little bit of setup involved. 

Teddy

I thank you but for some time I have been using the Amazon app that comes with my LG TV.

• 3 weeks later...