Xbox One Media Remote with Emby Theater

mythofechelon

mythofechelon

It would be great if Emby Theater had full support for the Xbox One Media Remote. Currently, it only has basic support so only the up, down, left, right, and OK buttons work.

Deathsquirrel

The buttons that don't work are Fast Forward/Fast Reverse and Skip Forward/Skip Back.  Every other button works as expected.  Since I don't think any of those functions even exist in this player yet the buttons not working didn't bug me.  Play/Pause/Stop were the ones I was begging for from day one and those got added some time ago.

mythofechelon

I think those functions do exist in Emby Theatre but the play/pause, stop, and volume functions definitey exist in Emby Theatre and don't work on the Xbox One Media Remote, as you can see in my video above.

What kind of audio was being played? Remember that if audio is being passed through to your receiver or tv, then the xbox one volume control will have no effect. This is normal.

As for play/pause/stop, i cannot reproduce that. tested it, no problem found.

Deathsquirrel

Just to be clear, do the volume buttons work outside Emby, say in Netflix?  I ask because that controller requires a kinect or separate IR emitter for those functions to work.  I have no volume controls either on the second xbox with no kinect.

Otherwise I can't reproduce your video.  I have two xbox ones, two media remotes, an both work fine with the exception of the skip & ff/fr buttons.

mythofechelon

The play/pause, fast rewind/forward, and skip back/forward buttons work but the volume buttons don't work in the YouTube app. I'm not sure why, though, because the Xbox One can control the volume outputted to the TV.

• 2 months later...
schmitty

How about the channel up/down buttons when playing Live TV m3u streams?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk