Weird Screen when Episode Finishes

Spyderturbo007
Go to solution Solved by AgileHumor,

Spyderturbo007

This just started the other day and may have correlated with the addition of a password on the AppUser, but I'm not 100%.

Every time an episode finishes playing, I get an unusual screen for about 5 seconds before it goes back to the Kodi interface.  It's almost like the Emby application is appearing for a few seconds, but I'm not sure.

I'm attaching a picture of the screen which I took at 11:07pm last night (1/16/17). Hopefully that helps with the log.  Server lists version 3.1.2.0 and is running in a Docker application sitting on an unRAID box.

The device connecting would be a Windows box and should have the name XBMC-PC.

Thanks!

post-176454-0-27800700-1484658456_thumb.jpeg

Log.zip

Edited by Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

Thank you xnappo.  I posted in that thread asking how to turn it off.  I don't even know how it got there to begin with to be honest.  

im85288

Thank you xnappo.  I posted in that thread asking how to turn it off.  I don't even know how it got there to begin with to be honest.

It's a very popular addon used by many skins that people are not aware they have installed. As mentioned in the other post, if your not happy with it remove it as you would do any other kodi addon.

• Like 1

Spyderturbo007

It's a very popular addon used by many skins that people are not aware they have installed. As mentioned in the other post, if your not happy with it remove it as you would do any other kodi addon.

Is there a reason why mine wouldn't look right?  I'm not opposed to trying something new, but it doesn't seem to appear correctly on mine?  It's also odd that it just started appearing few days ago.

im85288

Is there a reason why mine wouldn't look right? I'm not opposed to trying something new, but it doesn't seem to appear correctly on mine? It's also odd that it just started appearing few days ago.

It's a new screen (as you can see in the linked post) and has only started hitting the masses over the last few days so that explains that. As mentioned previously your first place to question should be to the developer of the skin your using, he/she should then post in my kodi thread any issues. There's no logical reason why your screenshot is as it is, maybe try turning show plots off (the icon at the top with a smiley face).

Edited by im85288
  • Like 1

xnappo

Thank you.  I'm using the Aeon MQ7 skin, so I'll dig around and see if I can find anything.

Did you try another skin recently?

AgileHumor

This issue is also happening on the Titan skin.  Can't find any way to disable it skin.  May be an Emby Addon for Kodi issue.

AgileHumor

OMG seriously

I already corrected this information on another thread.  I was the first to find it was the NextUp addon and report BTW YESTERDAY.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/43424-new-postplay-screen-for-next-up/

Nobody on the Kodi team was able to help, except tell us it wasn't the Kodi addon....which I don't find too much of a question to ask on the forum with the title describing the issue many were having recently.

Think your behind a day with your "OMG seriously" response.   Maybe your fallible after all...

Edited by AgileHumor

• Solution
AgileHumor

I was wrong. It is not the Emby addon.

It is the Next Up addon.

Sorry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

im85288

Yes it is the next up addon, this just goes to show users are not always aware what addons they are using.

AgileHumor

Yes it is the next up addon, this just goes to show users are not always aware what addons they are using.

I'm fully aware of every addon I use.  Your presumptions are wrong.   Want to keep tensions up, eh?

The screen was not clear that it was a NextUp addon or I would have went to those settings.   I had the Titan Skin, Emby Addon, and potential changes to RC 17 that came to mind more then NextUp to be honest.

Also, this setting was added without any explanation (in Kodi UI) by the addon developer using stable repro.   It was not set for 6+ months working one way...then unknown to me update changed the behavior without warning.

Just reporting the issue and solution as others had the same issue.  Cheers all!

Edited by AgileHumor

xnappo

I have said before and will say again: 

If you don't want unexpected changes, turn off automatic updates for your addons.

In this case, I would have thought the 'UP NEXT' text would have been a good clue.

im85288

"The addon developer" is me. I posted about it both here and in the kodi skinning section so that skinners had a chance to adjust etc. The fact that Titan was not updated is not my issue! Have a nice day

CBers

I have said before and will say again: 

If you don't want unexpected changes, turn off automatic updates for your addons.

In this case, I would have thought the 'UP NEXT' text would have been a good clue.

I found the new Next Up screen was enabled last night after manually running addon updates.

On first display of the new screen, I went into the settings and disabled the option,

xnappo

I found the new Next Up screen was enabled last night after manually running addon updates.

On first display of the new screen, I went into the settings and disabled the option,

Same still applies.  You can run those one at a time and make sure nothing happens you don't like.

That way you don't come in to some unrelated forum and cause confusion.

CBers

Same still applies.  You can run those one at a time and make sure nothing happens you don't like.

That way you don't come in to some unrelated forum and cause confusion.

In this case, doing them manually or automatically, either all together or one at a time is irrelevant, as you wouldn't have seen the screen until you watched an episode that had a follow-on episode.

IMO, new screen/options shouldn't be ON by default, as the notes for add-ons are not always kept up-to-date, so a user may not even know what has changed.

And I'm not saying they're not up-to-date in this case, as I haven't checked.

Doing any updates to any piece of software is always a "User Beware" case.

• Like 1

im85288

IMO, new screen/options shouldn't be ON by default, as the notes for add-ons are not always kept up-to-date, so a user may not even know what has changed.

Thanks...but honestly this is my addon and I'll do as I please with it. If it were a piece of software you had paid to use I could understand this opinion but as it is something I developed and shared with the Kodi community I will continue to change it as and when I feel like doing so. 

• Like 1

CBers

Thanks...but honestly this is my addon and I'll do as I please with it. If it were a piece of software you had paid to use I could understand this opinion but as it is something I developed and shared with the Kodi community I will continue to change it as and when I feel like doing so.

Thanks Ian :)