Spotify account integrated in emby music/kodi music

skank

I'm currently shuffling back and forth from Plex as I cannot really make my mind up at the moment, Plex is sleek and simple but Emby has many more options and a 'more involved community'. The Spotify integration would be a clear cut deal breaker for someone like me and I'd end up using it on my phone and portable devices.

I hope someone decides to look into the project!

Spaceboy

If this is your dealbreaker it’s plex for you, this has been outstanding since day dot of MB3 and no substantial progress unfortunately

If this is your dealbreaker it’s plex for you, this has been outstanding since day dot of MB3 and no substantial progress unfortunately

Don't get me wrong it's not like this alone will be the only thing that will cut it for me but it would be a great addition! It's a shame no progress has been made would be awesome to have a music streaming service built in. The one thing I'd love for Emby to have though is more theme support, the ability to edit CSS is a lovely feature and I'm not discrediting it at all but adding more support for customization and editing would be great. Both programs (Emby & Plex) don't really have any faults and that's the issue for me, it could be due to the amount of time I've used Plex for but I just find it slick and simple, the layout and design is super modern and stylish so I'd love for Emby to push the limits and close the deal.

With the amount of progress and updates they release I'm sure it won't be long before they add/change some feature regarding the style though. Credit where it's due the Emby devs seem to be on fire looking through the update logs.

Sorry for going slightly off-topic, I just realized I rambled on way past the original topic question.

Spaceboy

well once again, if anyone is interested in working on Spotify integration then i'm happy to add them to my family account or buy them a three month subscription so they can look into it.

it seems to me that spotify makes this very easy for developers, its about the most ubiquitous app i've seen across platforms. its been in kodi for a long time. unfortunately i don't have the skills to do it myself

im85288

it seems to me that spotify makes this very easy for developers, its about the most ubiquitous app i've seen across platforms. its been in kodi for a long time. unfortunately i don't have the skills to do it myself

Once again please do not trivialize the effort from a developers point of view to implement this and support multiple platforms (windows, osx, linux etc etc), have a look at the kodi thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=265356&page=95 where you will see problems still occur. The good news is that @@marcelveldt is the developer of the kodi addon who has done some great work there, anyone who wants to take this task on should have a look at https://github.com/marcelveldt/plugin.audio.spotify and port it across to Emby. 

Edited by im85288
  • Like 1

Spaceboy

Once again please do not trivialize the effort from a developers point of view to implement this and support multiple platforms (windows, osx, linux etc etc), have a look at the kodi thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=265356&page=95 where you will see problems still occur. The good news is that @@marcelveldt is the developer of the kodi addon who has done some great work there, anyone who wants to take this task on should have a look at https://github.com/marcelveldt/plugin.audio.spotify and port it across to Emby. 

no-one's trivialising anything. these are facts:

• spotify make it easy for developers https://developer.spotify.com/
  • its the most ubiquitous app i've seen. no support for this needed, i don't have a device that doesnt have a spotify app on it.
  • its been in kodi a long time. Spotimc, which i used in xbmc has been around since 2012.
  • there is no current effort that anyone is aware of to bring spotify to emby. i'm not interested in kodi, because well, kodi

im85288

No one has any interest in adding it to Emby as like you stated it is available on multiple other apps. If you wait long enough it may happen or maybe it might not. Good luck 

jachin99

Like emby, EG is always looking for devs so if someone comes across this and knows python who would like to help then head over there and let them all know. Maybe you could make a program with the same core functionality but with graphical bindings for emby

Spaceboy

No one has any interest in adding it to Emby as like you stated it is available on multiple other apps. If you wait long enough it may happen or maybe it might not. Good luck

[emoji6]I think that much is evident!