fusla

Backdrop Images

fusla

I am experiencing something a little odd in regards to backdrop images.  I deleted the Image cache (ProgramData>Media Browser>ImageCache) in order to reduce the amount artwork and speed up an extender.  It has been awhile since I did anything in regards to configuring Media Browser...but in the past, I seem to remember that the only backdrop images that would load into the cache were the backdrop images named "backdrop" located in the particular movie/tv show/game folder.  If an image was hanging around inexplicably it could always be taken care of by deleting the image cache.

However, after doing the above I am now getting backdrop images saved to my imagecache from an unknown location.  I will end up with 3 and 4 backgrounds for games, when looking in the individual game folder I have 1 file named "backdrop" or even none.  They will re-populate after deleting the image cache when I re-load media browser.  I have also deleted Gamebrowser's image cache, but to no avail.

I would really appreciate any help as it is driving me crazy not being able to figure out where these backdrop images are coming from, so that I can eliminate them.

In case it helps, I am using MB 2.5.3.0 R, with Gamebrowser.version 0.9.3.36119, and MediaCenter Master.

Thanks in advance.

ebr

2.5.3??  Holy cow ;).

Have you considered upgrading to Emby...?

• Like 1

unisoft

2.5.3??  Holy cow ;).

Have you considered upgrading to Emby...?

ok 2.5.3 is old, but I still have 2.6.2 because it was so damn good LOL

The MAJOR issue from me upgrading MB to Emby on Windows Media Centre was simply custom menu entry points for WMC. It killed it dead from possible upgrade. I'm sure there are lots of people that are still on MB 2.6.2 because of it.

I'm adventuring to Emby apps for Apple TV, LG TV and Samsung TV and ROKU now.....mainly because the built-in apps in smart tvs, and the fact that WMC is getting closer to end of life  support from Microsoft in 2020 for Windows 7 and 2023 for Windows 8.1. Allied to the fact that Arcsoft Total Media Theatre 6.x is dead with any security updates to the OS from January 2018 and you can only use IE11 security updates if you still want a decent Bluray playback app and for the app to handle blurry rips of 24p, leaving mp4 for WMC at PAL 50hz.

Have to say Emby has a few rough edges and differences between the apps, but its looking like a replacement and can see the potential and hard work being done. And that is from a WMC with MB fan :)

I just hope the Emby web client theme isn't forced at some point as the horizontal layout (with squares of content/images) looks so much more polished and professional.

ebr

I just hope the Emby web client theme isn't forced at some point as the horizontal layout (with squares of content/images) looks so much more polished and professional.

I don't agree with your adjectives there :).  I think they just look more familiar to you coming from a Microsoft environment.

The vertical/horizontal row layouts are also polished and professional.  In fact, they are the standard for just about every single platform and device out there other than the Microsoft/Xbox platform.