Emby Server Install - no shortcuts

vbmds

I have just installed Server version 3.1.2 via the web-installer. I note that the install has not created any shortcuts - desktop, startmenu etc, nor has it created a Program Folder on the Start menu All Programs list.

I also can not locate the installation folder to allow me to create a shortcut - once the installation Server instance has closed I am not able to restart the Server (eg HTPC reboot)

So, where is the server installed? A search for MediaBrowser.ServerApplication finds nothing. Searching for Emby finds nothing except Emby for WMC.

Any help would be appreciated.

Happy2Play

What OS?  I know on Windows 10 and WHS 2011 Emby appears on all apps and the start menu.

Default Windows installation (C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server", and "MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe" is in the "System" folder.

Thanks for the reply

OS is Windows 7.

I was wondering if this might be a case of User folder installation...Admin privilege elevation during install, but then access blocked for Standard User account we use for everyday running. Will log in as admin and see what shows up...yip missing stuff is where it is expected when logged in as Admin. Just have to work out where to stick shortcut to be viewable to standard windows user account...

Edited by vbmds

Happy2Play

Sounds like you would be better off running the Server as a Service and not worrying about it.

You will possibly run into permission issues accessing your content also depending on your setup.

Edited by Happy2Play

Thanks for the reply.

We ran as a service for a long time but in the end got annoyed enough with Emby for WMC not finding the Service that we changed.

I think the answer is going to be to run the portible version of the server so I have control over install location and permissions...