Downloaded movie location???

revengineer
Go to solution Solved by revengineer,

revengineer

I am having trouble locating downloaded media files on my android phone. I updated the app yesterday with the latest beta and then selected download of a test movie. I saw the server transcoding and the movie shows under "Downloads" in the emby app on my android phone. I have tried searching for the movie file in my file manager, but i cannot locate it. There is an "emby" folder on my phone that contains a "sync" directory, and within this directory there is a folder with the server name and inside is a "Video" folder: /sdcard/emby/sync/SERVER/Videos. This directory however is empty. Any hint as to where I might locate the movie file is appreciated. Thank you.

• Solution
revengineer

ok found the problem. After searching the forum, I found that the download location can be selected in the settings. Mine was blank and that resulted in the movie not being downloaded. After setting the path, the movie downloaded without problems.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

@@revengineer

@@AmorisAmoret

2.9.32 is rolling out and supports offline browsing and playback. The feature is still very new so please make sure to leave your feedback and we will continue to improve it. Thanks !

revengineer

@@revengineer

@@AmorisAmoret

2.9.32 is rolling out and supports offline browsing and playback. The feature is still very new so please make sure to leave your feedback and we will continue to improve it. Thanks !

This is fantastic! I was on travel last week and tried to use the feature initially without luck. I suspect it was the poor hotel wifi because the movie transcoded, but the download never finished. Upon return yesterday, I updated the app and tried on my local network without issues. i have not done extensive testing put the movie played just fine without network connection. Looking forward to using this long-desired feature.

• 1 year later...
edencorbin

Just had the same issue and found this thread. Why not default download to the download folder on Android? That seems reasonable to me. Just went Premium, Emby is fantastic!

I suppose that is something to consider, although you can always customize it to be that way. Thanks.

Is this post still accurate? Under my settings > offline sync I do not show a download location, only see options for max audio file bitrate and syncing over wifi.

Is this post still accurate? Under my settings > offline sync I do not show a download location, only see options for max audio file bitrate and syncing over wifi.

If you haven't customized it, then the value in the text field will be blank.

There is a beta release available, 3.0.18, and it will improve this. Please reconfigure your download settings. Thanks.

• 4 years later...
LittleWizard

Hi. In latest emby android app I have the option to choose as download destination: internal, external usb (devicename1), external usb (device name2), external (download).

Obviously I have 2 usb port with 2 usb device (it's nvidia shield with the sideloaded emby app, not the android tv version which has much less functionalities).

When I select external (download) which of the usb device does it use?

Thanks!

On 9/1/2023 at 12:58 PM, LittleWizard said:

Hi. In latest emby android app I have the option to choose as download destination: internal, external usb (devicename1), external usb (device name2), external (download).

Obviously I have 2 usb port with 2 usb device (it's nvidia shield with the sideloaded emby app, not the android tv version which has much less functionalities).

When I select external (download) which of the usb device does it use?

Thanks!

HI @LittleWizardwhat exactly do the labels say? Do the device names 1 and 2 not indicate enough?

LittleWizard

I don't fond a way to set english as the app language, so I have to translate from italian menu.

Under app options, downloads, download path I have:

- internal storage

- external storage (LWZ128GB)

- external storage (LWZ64GB)

- external storage (Downloads)

I was expecting to have 2 external storage downloads for both the usb memories.

Anyway when I tried external storage download I found that it saves file in internal memory under download folder. So this is maybe why I can't choose between the usb memories.

I have an Nvidia shield pro latest revision.

I don't fond a way to set english as the app language, so I have to translate from italian menu

Hi, have you tried clicking your user icon in the top right and then going into display settings?