Syncing channel's watched status with Emby

mutu310

mutu310

And how do I find out who is the current logged in user viewing the channel? Because I can fix this whole issue myself by, when building the channel items I compare to the library using the IMDb ID as key, check the played status in the library for the logged in user and then mark the item as played in the channel accordingly.

I don't believe your items are built on a per-user basis nor are they re-built every time someone asks for them.  So I don't think you can handle this this way.  I could be wrong though - been a while since I've been inside this process.

mutu310

I don't believe your items are built on a per-user basis nor are they re-built every time someone asks for them. So I don't think you can handle this this way. I could be wrong though - been a while since I've been inside this process.

This is getting really confusing. From one post I understand I can set the played status but in the next post it seems I can't. Who can provide me with what is and what isn't possible to do please so I can see if I can find a way around this? If I can get the logged in user I am positive/hopeful I can build a channel for a user that may look different to another user (eg hiding or marking played movies)

It is all about context.  Given an item and user ID you can control the watched status of an item.  However, in the context that your plug-in is delivering items, I'm not positive that is relevant.

It is best to give Luke some time to see if there is an issue why the items aren't getting the user data properly in the first place.  You may just have to be a little patient because, obviously, this isn't a high-frequency situation for the system overall.

• Like 1

mutu310

It is all about context. Given an item and user ID you can control the watched status of an item. However, in the context that your plug-in is delivering items, I'm not positive that is relevant.

It is best to give Luke some time to see if there is an issue why the items aren't getting the user data properly in the first place. You may just have to be a little patient because, obviously, this isn't a high-frequency situation for the system overall.

Cheers. Will wait for @@Luke then. In the meantime as I wrote earlier I made a scheduled task that checks whether the items in my plugin database exist in the movie library and if they are checks whether all users have played the item. If all users have played the movie then it removes the movie from my database so it won't show it as a suggestion. It's a workaround which works best in a single-user installation.

mutu310

It is all about context.  Given an item and user ID you can control the watched status of an item.  However, in the context that your plug-in is delivering items, I'm not positive that is relevant.

It is best to give Luke some time to see if there is an issue why the items aren't getting the user data properly in the first place.  You may just have to be a little patient because, obviously, this isn't a high-frequency situation for the system overall.

This thread can be discarded. I managed! I got the userid from query.userid, queried the library for played movies by that user and while building the channel item info I am skipping the ones in the played list. Haven't found a means to mark them as played instead, but hiding them completely is even more preferable.

Edited by mutu310