Enter Chat About Emby

secagratis

secagratis

Boys and girls comment on this post if you want to chat or post to comment on movies on emby and very important for me to also understand the problems of the inserted movies answer answer

Are you meaning just in general or as an integrated part of an Emby app?

If just in general, we do have the "Club" forums at the bottom of the list here.

• Like 1

secagratis

the chat would be useful both to alert users as to restart the server or comment on the films seen or require films to be included.
It would be fine an external link

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

In the meantime, have you guys tried our Emby community chat? You can chat with other Emby members.

dcook

Why do you want to keep bloating Emby with stuff like this?

If you want to run a chat server then install a chat server program on your server, but asking Emby to include a chat server that has nothing to do with the purpose of Emby is foolish.

Your trying to make EMBY do everything in the entire world just makes it more and more bloated, which will make it slower and slower and more and more complicated to maintain and develop.

Next someone will ask Emby to have email integration so you can check your email while watching a movie

Its getting ridiculous all these requests for stuff that has nothing to do with watching movies or tv shows.

Untoten

If you want to run a chat server then install a chat server program on your server, but asking Emby to include a chat server that has nothing to do with the purpose of Emby is foolish.

Your trying to make EMBY do everything in the entire world just makes it more and more bloated, which will make it slower and slower and more and more complicated to maintain and develop.

Next someone will ask Emby to have email integration so you can check your email while watching a movie

Its getting ridiculous all these requests for stuff that has nothing to do with watching movies or tv shows.

It does not need to include a chat server.  I think a nice XMPP addon would be nice, if Emby was using LDAP or SSO then the EMBY user DB would not need to be adapted as a source for the user list.  Yet another reason Emby needs LDAP/SSO compatibility @@ebr

schmitty

Boys and girls comment on this post if you want to chat or post to comment on movies on emby and very important for me to also understand the problems of the inserted movies answer answer

The best way for feature requests to be judged for demand, is for people to like the original post for the topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schmitty

I don't think this FR is completely without merit. Some basic chat facility would be useful, as my understanding would be that is specific to users of one server, not a global thing.

It would be most useful to admins, to deliver information such as scheduled restarts, system maintenance, etc...

• Like 1

legallink

I don't think this FR is completely without merit. Some basic chat facility would be useful, as my understanding would be that is specific to users of one server, not a global thing.

It would be most useful to admins, to deliver information such as scheduled restarts, system maintenance, etc...

@@schmitty

Are you thinking of a "chat" feature, as in real time communication, or a messaging system, where you can deliver messages to your users either through the platform or otherwise?  Cause, while I have no use for a chat feature, a messaging system would be great.

schmitty

@@schmitty

Are you thinking of a "chat" feature, as in real time communication, or a messaging system, where you can deliver messages to your users either through the platform or otherwise? Cause, while I have no use for a chat feature, a messaging system would be great.

Definitely messaging. Although chat probably wouldn't be used on my server, I'm sure others would get use out of it.

dcook

I strongly think that Emby should be the best media server possible by trying to make Emby do everything possible in the whole world is just stupid.  

There are chat servers and messaging servers and web servers, etc.

Let Emby do what its mean to which is Media

K20ItachiUCHIHA

This will be great to add a chat feature to chat or announcement/alert on emby app !

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
Happy2Play
17 minutes ago, Hxemby001 said:

You actually have a way to send a user a message currently while at the dashboard...

One way 🙂 

There is plugin also to blast to one or all clients. 🙂

But not really what this topic is about.

There is Ombi also if we are talking about Recommending/Commenting media.

Embedding a messaging system in a flyout wouldn't be too hard... via plugin or something...

Like Chatango I used to use this about a decade ago on my personal site/hub...

Creating it from scratch would be another story probably..

Happy2Play

All I know is I don't want it on my server, so it would have to be a plugin.  So it can be uninstalled.

But Chat or Comment are two different things.

Edited by Happy2Play

Could side-load a social site.. probably be where this ends.. and nabble blog.. with forum.. Next comes the plugins.. and finally the one where we run it as a webserver.. embedding EMBY into various pages... wait frames were being deprecated a while back... Oh and payment integration.. for gratuitous donations.. mah store... LOL.. joking...

Honestly though.. I think someone should come up with a Watch Party Server that can be made to integrate a site/embed or something... Thing is the legality issues and potential it has to become as big of a deal as torrent network did in controversy..

This has gotten to be really popular since COVID-19.