IMDB IBN People Downloader V2

radeon

Let me share my experience with this wonderful tool.

The Radeon's application scans the photos artist and if more than one in IMDB, it choose the highest resolution (smart way).

The problem is that there are several pictures that take photos of 15 or 20 Mb size, too much for a photo of an artist (the pictures in the past I have manually downloaded from Google never reach 100K and they look great).

My solution after the tool has dropped photos from IMDB is listing the People directory for size and use the "Light Image Resizer 4" tool (free for personal use) and in batch mode select all the photos over 100Kb and shrink (300x450) . This makes winning space, very important that we use for SDD drive.

Cheers

Edited by teodorin
  • Like 2

trusselo

Yeah, it took about 4Gb of space on my SSD!

It would be good if it could specify an upper size limit that it downloads.

...or you move your ImagesByName folder to a HDD rather than a SDD

Well I have a 240Gb SSD so it doesn't matter so much really. Was just thinking of a nice to have feature addition!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since I mentioned that I would try IMDb again in this thread, I thought I would post their response here as well.  At least we got a response this time and, maybe, they will be providing something in the future.

Though it is very much on our minds to provide users such as yourselves with a data solution our current products and services don't allow for such access. 

We have a roadmap for the coming year that contemplates providing such a service. 

Do feel free, if you still have your said requirements, to contact us closer to Q3 of this year and we can tell you where we are at. 

Otherwise we have the current Licensing product which does start at $15,000 USD for an annual license. 

---- 
Regards, 

The IMDb Help Desk 
  • Like 3

Cheesegeezer

Since I mentioned that I would try IMDb again in this thread, I thought I would post their response here as well.  At least we got a response this time and, maybe, they will be providing something in the future.

Sounds good actually.  I hope they do, as $15K/yr is just outrageous for us and probably more aimed at the film industry or people like netflix, itunes and other big players.

katinatez

Hello, just purchased this program and still not sure how to change folder directory. Currently using MB3 On Windows 7 and I see the MediaBrowser - Server/config folder. Am I suppose to add a line of code in the system.XML file? And what us the line of code suppose to be if I am going to keep the folder the same name "imagesbyname"? And am I suppose to make the folder a UNC share?

Thanks for your help.

trusselo

you place this exe file in the folder

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName

and run it from there.

you have the option in MB server config to change the ImageByName folder to another path (drive/folder), this is the custom ImageByName folder location

you change this in server config.  heres a shortcut. http://localhost:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard/advanced.html

this isnt xbmc, we dont ask our users to figure out configuration changes by digging through piles of xml and other obscure code...

Edited by trusselo
  • Like 2

radeon

you place this exe file in the folder

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName

and run it from there.

you have the option in MB server config to change the ImageByName folder to another path (drive/folder), this is the custom ImageByName folder location

you change this in server config.  heres a shortcut. http://localhost:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard/advanced.html

this isnt xbmc, we dont ask our users to figure out configuration changes by digging through piles of xml and other obscure code...

Thanks @@trusselo

The only thing that's slightly wrong with that is you dont have to put the exe in "C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName", it can go anywhere, as long as you pick the correct ibn directory when you run the exe.

• Like 1

katinatez

Thank you. Trusselo found the settings to change.

The tool worked great but could not find all the actors pictures, one being Robert Downey Jr. How can I go about manually entering the missing pictures in the cache.

My specific question how the naming convention is established for actors?

I found a random Robert Downey Jr. picture but how do I name the jpeg file to where MB3 knows that's Robert Downey Jr jpg?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

radeon

Thank you. Trusselo found the settings to change.

The tool worked great but could not find all the actors pictures, one being Robert Downey Jr. How can I go about manually entering the missing pictures in the cache.

My specific question how the naming convention is established for actors?

I found a random Robert Downey Jr. picture but how do I name the jpeg file to where MB3 knows that's Robert Downey Jr jpg?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Well that was one i overlooked. The full stop after the JR was throwing off my regex. I've just updated my tool to handle that but im just giving it a test now before i release so hold fire and ill let you know when the new version is available.

Also, if you do want to add any images manually, just go to C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName\People\

then find the person and paste your image in their folder and name it "folder.jpg"

• Like 1

trusselo

"louis c.k." also buggered up for me if i remember correctly

Edited by trusselo

radeon

"louis c.k." also buggered up for me if i remember correctly

Yup, that would make sense actually. Crappy RegEx!

The new version is up now so should handle them. Download from www.ballingtons.com/products

AlwinHummels

The new version is up now so should handle them. Download from www.ballingtons.com/products

Download and try to use the new exe but got a "Your activation limit has been exceeded" message

radeon

Download and try to use the new exe but got a "Your activation limit has been exceeded" message

Give it a shot now Alwin, I just reset your activations, I changed the activation slightly in one of the builds and you may have been before that. Let me know if you get any issues.

Cheers,

Edited by radeon
  • Like 1

AlwinHummels

Give it a shot now Alwin, I just reset your activations, I changed the activation slightly in one of the builds and you may have been before that. Let me know if you get any issues.

Cheers,

Thanks it works now ;-) I'm so happy

• 2 months later...
Kemchuk

I've gone through all the reading material on this tool, but can't find the solution to my issue.  My log is below and it shows that the actors are all checked, but when the downloading piece starts, it stops every time, even though I know there are images missing.

2014-04-24 11:41:05 : Checking: Óscar Jaenada
2014-04-24 11:41:05 : Checking: Željko Ivanek
2014-04-24 11:41:05 : Checking: ??? ???????
2014-04-24 11:41:05 : Checking: ??
2014-04-24 11:41:05 : Complete..............................
2014-04-24 11:41:05 : Starting Downloads..............................
2014-04-24 11:41:07 : Sleeping for:  1000ms
2014-04-24 11:41:08 : 0 of -1 -  - Level 1:  No Image Available
2014-04-24 11:41:08 : --------------------------------------------------------
2014-04-24 11:41:08 : Process Complete
2014-04-24 11:41:08 : 0 directories checked for missing images
2014-04-24 11:41:08 : 1 images searched for
2014-04-24 11:41:08 : 0 images downloaded

• 4 weeks later...
Teddy

I already sent you the mail.

After a fresh windows installation the program got  "Your activation limit has been exceeded" message.

radeon

I already sent you the mail.

After a fresh windows installation the program got  "Your activation limit has been exceeded" message.

No email received that I can see. :/ can you drop me a pm with your PayPal email address and I'll get it sorted. Cheers

Teddy

Thanks a lot Radeon, the problem is fixed.

Regards

Edited by Teddy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
MrFlibbles

I've gone through all the reading material on this tool, but can't find the solution to my issue.  My log is below and it shows that the actors are all checked, but when the downloading piece starts, it stops every time, even though I know there are images missing.

2014-04-24 11:41:05 : Checking: Óscar Jaenada

2014-04-24 11:41:05 : Checking: Željko Ivanek

2014-04-24 11:41:05 : Checking: ??? ???????

2014-04-24 11:41:05 : Checking: ??

2014-04-24 11:41:05 : Complete..............................

2014-04-24 11:41:05 : Starting Downloads..............................

2014-04-24 11:41:07 : Sleeping for:  1000ms

2014-04-24 11:41:08 : 0 of -1 -  - Level 1:  No Image Available

2014-04-24 11:41:08 : Process Complete

2014-04-24 11:41:08 : 0 directories checked for missing images

2014-04-24 11:41:08 : 1 images searched for

2014-04-24 11:41:08 : 0 images downloaded

Hi Kemchuk,

I think I had a similar issue to this as my IBN people folder was the older format which has all folders in the root. The current format, and the one this tool needs to see, is a folder per letter.

So, rather than a folder structure like this:

ImagesByName
   People
      Aaron Eckhart
      Barry Ackroyd

It needs to be more like this:

ImagesByName
   People
      A
        Aaron Eckhart
      B
        Barry Ackroyd

If this is the case with you, 26 cut and paste operations later you can have it all working :)

I believe there was also a flag somewhere to indicate new or old people format but not 100% sure. Restarting the server may just detect the updated format.

• 11 months later...
jfblue65

Gday Guys 

Having an issue running this.

Have previously run successfully but had to do a rebuild of Windows 7 Server.

Have a new Path where I store the Images (on an SSD) where I have images populated so far from the Emby Refresh and I definitely have images not populated.

The Log I get is as follows :

2015-05-02 17:29:28 : 2.0.0.7
2015-05-02 17:29:40 : Generating Persons Name List Please Wait...
2015-05-02 17:29:40 : Searching for empty folders
2015-05-02 17:29:40 : Complete..............................
2015-05-02 17:29:40 : Starting Downloads..............................
2015-05-02 17:29:43 : Sleeping for:  1000ms
2015-05-02 17:29:44 : 0 of -1 -  - Level 1:  No Image Available
2015-05-02 17:29:44 : --------------------------------------------------------
2015-05-02 17:29:44 : Process Complete
2015-05-02 17:29:44 : --------------------------------------------------------
2015-05-02 17:29:44 : 0 directories checked for missing images
2015-05-02 17:29:44 : 1 images searched for
2015-05-02 17:29:44 : 0 images downloaded

Config File is as follows :

[tx_id]
key=???????????????
[iBNDIR]