IMDB IBN People Downloader V2

radeon

• 2 weeks later...
Tanamur

@@radeon - Please fix it again. Perhaps some understanding on my part of why a paid app keeps doing this would assuage my frustration. Care to share?

radeon

@@radeon - Please fix it again. Perhaps some understanding on my part of why a paid app keeps doing this would assuage my frustration. Care to share?

If someone else has been given your key and between you, you have been using on more that two machines, it will lock you out. 

Tanamur

If someone else has been given your key and between you, you have been using on more that two machines, it will lock you out. 

Thanks for that info. There has been absolutely no key sharing. I don't do that to people. My config is that I have a headless server which I access via Remote Desktop (RDP) login. Originally, I (maybe we) thought the problem happened because I started the *.exe intermittently on the server and from the machine initiating the RDP session by clicking on the *.exe rather than from a command line on the server effectively running it on two machines. That was a year ago and not repeated since. As the server is rarely rebooted (1-2 weeks) I have just set it up to run on startup/reboot. That has certainly been the case since you corrected it a couple of weeks ago. I don't think this is my bad from an operational point. Would you suggest changing the key to see if it continues to happen?

• 5 weeks later...
Tanamur

Hi @@radeon - I am  getting the "exceeded limit" error again. The only thing that has changed here is that my ISP had to replace my router this week since the last time I ran your application. The DHCP router is completely separate from the DSL modem which had to be rebooted so I assume a new WAN IP was assigned during the reboot. It is the same ISP provider, same DSL modem and the same LAN IP address assigned to my server running your application.

Might I be so bold as to ask you to check your records and make certain that you have not inadvertently duplicated the key assigned to me to another person as well? I assure you there is no sharing of the key on my end because....well because I have no friends other than my virtual friends in the Emby community forum  :P

radeon

Hi @@radeon - I am  getting the "exceeded limit" error again. The only thing that has changed here is that my ISP had to replace my router this week since the last time I ran your application. The DHCP router is completely separate from the DSL modem which had to be rebooted so I assume a new WAN IP was assigned during the reboot. It is the same ISP provider, same DSL modem and the same LAN IP address assigned to my server running your application.

Might I be so bold as to ask you to check your records and make certain that you have not inadvertently duplicated the key assigned to me to another person as well? I assure you there is no sharing of the key on my end because....well because I have no friends other than my virtual friends in the Emby community forum  :P

Give that a go now. Should be reset. I'll reissue a new key tomorrow. In bloody A&E at the min so a little preoccupied! :-/

Tanamur

Give that a go now. Should be reset. I'll reissue a new key tomorrow. In bloody A&E at the min so a little preoccupied! :-/

Hi @@radeon - That has it going again. Thanks for the help above and beyond the call of duty while in the A&E. You set the gold standard for support! Be well...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
gillmacca

I've just moved this app from my laptop to my server, but I am now getting 'your activation limit has been exceeded'

I will only be running it from my server. 

What info do you need to reset it?

radeon

I've just moved this app from my laptop to my server, but I am now getting 'your activation limit has been exceeded'

I will only be running it from my server. 

What info do you need to reset it?

hey! apologies, been away in Germany on business for the week. git it a go now. should be sorted. :-)

gillmacca

hey! apologies, been away in Germany on business for the week. git it a go now. should be sorted. :-)

Thanks

gillmacca

For some reason it says today exceeded again.

Nothing has changed on my system, except os updates

radeon

For some reason it says today exceeded again.

Nothing has changed on my system, except os updates

Sorry, been away for the weekend. 

I have it down as running up on two completely separate machines and this one being a third. I have reset it now anyways but it looks like that could have caused it. 

• 1 month later...
aspdend

@@radeon Hi John, not used this tool for a while, but definitely need it now to fill in all the blank people on my system. Tried my old key from 2014 and it's not working - do I need another one or is it just out of date now?

Edited by aspdend

• 1 month later...

Hi Radeon

I migrated my Emby server to new hardware a week ago which unfortunately coinciding with Emby support for ImagesByName being removed.  Thus when I migrated as per guidelines (installed Emby on new hardware and then overwrote Emby-Server\* folders with versions from old hardware); the ImagesByName\People content was not migrated to the new Emby-Server\Metadata\People folder.

I thought of copying \ImagesByName\People to Metadata\People manually but cannot do that as the target metadata folder is organised by alphabetically by sub-folder, e.g Metdata\People\A\<Name>\....

Alternatively I though of running IBN Downloader against the Metdata folder but will that work with the new metadata\People\A\<Name> ... format?  If not will you bring a new version with support for the new metadata\people folder?

Any other ideas welcome

aspdend

@@radeon Hi John, not used this tool for a while, but definitely need it now to fill in all the blank people on my system. Tried my old key from 2014 and it's not working - do I need another one or is it just out of date now?

@@radeon just a nudge for this item mate - could do with an update please

Happy2Play

Hi John, not used this tool for a while, but definitely need it now to fill in all the blank people on my system. Tried my old key from 2014 and it's not working - do I need another one or is it just out of date now?

What do you mean not working?  You shouldn't need a new key my key from 2014 still works.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Hi Radeon

I migrated my Emby server to new hardware a week ago which unfortunately coinciding with Emby support for ImagesByName being removed.  Thus when I migrated as per guidelines (installed Emby on new hardware and then overwrote Emby-Server\* folders with versions from old hardware); the ImagesByName\People content was not migrated to the new Emby-Server\Metadata\People folder.

I thought of copying \ImagesByName\People to Metadata\People manually but cannot do that as the target metadata folder is organised by alphabetically by sub-folder, e.g Metdata\People\A\<Name>\....

Alternatively I though of running IBN Downloader against the Metdata folder but will that work with the new metadata\People\A\<Name> ... format?  If not will you bring a new version with support for the new metadata\people folder?

Any other ideas welcome

Personally I would just take the couple minutes and move my existing people to their alphabetical sub-folders, as it would take many more hours if not days to attempt redownload them.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

radeon

@@radeon just a nudge for this item mate - could do with an update please

Yo @@aspdend! sorry i missed this! Been a busy busy bast**d recently!! 

@@Happy2Play is right tho, your key should be working fine assuming it was bought for this version of mediabrowser3/emby

Just drop me a PM with ya key and details and I'll look into for ya! :-)

radeon

Hi Radeon

Any other ideas welcome

I can't honestly remember if the new version supports the old type but it definitely supports the new metadata\People\A\<Name>

aspdend

Yo @@aspdend! sorry i missed this! Been a busy busy bast**d recently!! 

@@Happy2Play is right tho, your key should be working fine assuming it was bought for this version of mediabrowser3/emby

Just drop me a PM with ya key and details and I'll look into for ya! :-)

@@radeon @@Happy2Play Thanks for the input - I bought it in 2014 so I'm sure that's for MB3? - either way I will ping you a PM with the key and see what you think. I bought all your plugins and this is the only one that states the key is invalid (I think that's the warning message).   

• 3 weeks later...

With Emby downloading as "poster.jpg" and this app downloading as "folder.jpg", is Emby recognising both formats or can I force the app to download as "poster.jpg"?

Thanks

Happy2Play

With Emby downloading as "poster.jpg" and this app downloading as "folder.jpg", is Emby recognising both formats or can I force the app to download as "poster.jpg"?

Thanks

Emby recognizes either naming convention.  But you could run it conflicts if both are present, not positive on which one takes priority.

• 8 months later...
Johnny Sideburnz

Has anybody had any conflicts having both the "poster.jpg" and "folder.jpg" located in the same folder?

If so how is this issue rectified?

Edited by Johnny Sideburnz

• 2 months later...

I've purchased this several times media browser 2, 3 and now with Emby. I have followed instructions for setting images by name folder and the app runs and then closes and nothing changed. I've tried several directories, C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\ImagesByName   as well as C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser\ImagesByName to no avail.  Please advise.