IMDB IBN People Downloader V2

radeon

Happy2Play

Gday Guys 

Having an issue running this.

Have previously run successfully but had to do a rebuild of Windows 7 Server.

Have a new Path where I store the Images (on an SSD) where I have images populated so far from the Emby Refresh and I definitely have images not populated.

The Log I get is as follows :

2015-05-02 17:29:28 : 2.0.0.7
2015-05-02 17:29:40 : Generating Persons Name List Please Wait...
2015-05-02 17:29:40 : Searching for empty folders
2015-05-02 17:29:40 : Complete..............................
2015-05-02 17:29:40 : Starting Downloads..............................
2015-05-02 17:29:43 : Sleeping for:  1000ms
2015-05-02 17:29:44 : 0 of -1 -  - Level 1:  No Image Available
2015-05-02 17:29:44 : --------------------------------------------------------
2015-05-02 17:29:44 : Process Complete
2015-05-02 17:29:44 : --------------------------------------------------------
2015-05-02 17:29:44 : 0 directories checked for missing images
2015-05-02 17:29:44 : 1 images searched for
2015-05-02 17:29:44 : 0 images downloaded

Config File is as follows :

[tx_id]
key=???????????????
[iBNDIR]
key=D:\EMBY\Metadata\People
[RESUME]
name=

Thoughts ??? Thanks

Mine points to IBN not People so you might change yours to Metadata instead of people.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
jayTcold

Hi Everyone,

First, much thanks to Radeon for this cool utility. I used the older version with MB2 and it was sweet.

I'm not sure if my IBN People Downloader is working correctly, I may have screwed something up.

Here's a screenshot illustrating the structure of my People folder:

558a022a6790d_People1.png

I have folders for each letter of the alphabet, with names of my People in each folder (here's the "S" subfolder, for example):

558a02470fcba_People2.png

I have the Downloader within the root of my \People folder.

I run the .EXE, enter my key and then navigate to M:\IBN\metadata\People.

The Downloader runs for a few seconds and then quits, so I'm not sure if it's doing anything.

Here's the output of the logfile (IMDB IBN People Downloader.exe.log):

2015-06-23 20:59:41 : 2.0.0.7
2015-06-23 20:59:59 : Generating Persons Name List Please Wait...
2015-06-23 20:59:59 : Searching for empty folders
2015-06-23 20:59:59 : Complete..............................
2015-06-23 20:59:59 : Starting Downloads..............................
2015-06-23 21:00:00 : Sleeping for:  1000ms
2015-06-23 21:00:01 : 0 of -1 -  - Level 1:  No Image Available
2015-06-23 21:00:01 : --------------------------------------------------------
2015-06-23 21:00:01 : Process Complete
2015-06-23 21:00:01 : --------------------------------------------------------
2015-06-23 21:00:01 : 0 directories checked for missing images
2015-06-23 21:00:01 : 1 images searched for
2015-06-23 21:00:01 : 0 images downloaded

Here's the contents of the config.ini file:

[tx_id]
key=6***********
[iBNDIR]
key=M:\IBN\metadata\People
[RESUME]
name=

So...the question is... did I hose something up somewhere, or is this normal behavior for the Downloader?

FWIW, I do have a ton of indie flicks and documentaries, so maybe there's just not pics on IMDB for some of the obscure stuff?

Thanks!

Update: As a test, I deleted the folder.jpg and and folder.jpg files from the folders of a few well-known actors (Will Smith, Tom Cruise, Will Patton and William Mapother). I then ran the Downloader, and found that Tom Cruise's .JPG files where grabbed. The other dude's .JPG files did not re-download. So, I'm still wondering if I screwed up something...

Edited by jayTcold

Happy2Play

I believe your issue is your config.ini pointing to "key=M:\IBN\metadata\People" point it to "key=M:\IBN\metadata".

• Like 2

jayTcold

I believe your issue is your config.ini pointing to "key=M:\IBN\metadata\People" point it to "key=M:\IBN\metadata".

Good catch Happy2Play, much thanks!

I updated the key path and the Downloader is now cranking away:

558a18cccdf48_Event.png

Thx again!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Alpheratz13

Hi,

I have probleme with IMDB IBN People Downloader, message error : "Your activation limit has been exceeded"

Thank you for your help.

Irving

radeon

Hi,

I have probleme with IMDB IBN People Downloader, message error : "Your activation limit has been exceeded"

Thank you for your help.

Irving

Hey, Try now :-)

Alpheratz13

Hi Radeon,

Sorry to disturbing you, but i have the same probleme, after errors of downloading and want try to finish the download, the same message error "Your activation limit has been exceeded"

Here is end of the log.

2015-07-17 21:05:33 : 21541 of 21543 - Conor Dubin - Level 0: Error Downloading From IMDB
2015-07-17 21:05:33 : 21542 of 21543 - Céline Duhamel - Level 0: Error Downloading From IMDB
2015-07-17 21:05:33 : 21543 of 21543 - Chuck Picerni Jr - Level 0: Error Downloading From IMDB
2015-07-17 21:05:33 : 21544 of 21543 - ???? - Level 0: Error Downloading From IMDB
2015-07-17 21:05:33 : --------------------------------------------------------
2015-07-17 21:05:33 : Process Complete
2015-07-17 21:05:33 : 32766 directories checked for missing images
2015-07-17 21:05:33 : 21545 images searched for
2015-07-17 21:05:33 : 763 images downloaded

Probleme with IMDB ?

And why is that message error "Your activation limit has been exceeded"

Thank you for your help.

Irving

radeon

Hi Radeon,

Sorry to disturbing you, but i have the same probleme, after errors of downloading and want try to finish the download, the same message error "Your activation limit has been exceeded"

Here is end of the log.

2015-07-17 21:05:33 : 21541 of 21543 - Conor Dubin - Level 0: Error Downloading From IMDB

2015-07-17 21:05:33 : 21542 of 21543 - Céline Duhamel - Level 0: Error Downloading From IMDB

2015-07-17 21:05:33 : 21543 of 21543 - Chuck Picerni Jr - Level 0: Error Downloading From IMDB

2015-07-17 21:05:33 : 21544 of 21543 - ???? - Level 0: Error Downloading From IMDB

2015-07-17 21:05:33 : Process Complete

2015-07-17 21:05:33 : 32766 directories checked for missing images

2015-07-17 21:05:33 : 21545 images searched for

2015-07-17 21:05:33 : 763 images downloaded

Probleme with IMDB ?

And why is that message error "Your activation limit has been exceeded"

Thank you for your help.

Irving

Are you trying to run it on several pc's or something? 

Try now, I have reset your licence again, Cheers,

Alpheratz13

Hi,

Are you trying to run it on several pc's or something?

I use sometimes on localhost or another time on my server (NAS) inside VM

It's don't works on my server (VM), but works on my localhost.

I prefere on my server (VM), because i can close my computer for the night, but rght now i need leeve the computer on for the hole night.

Or i can close the programe and restart tommorrow ?

I hope that you understand  what talking about :)

Or i need to buy another one ?

Thank you for your help

Best Regards,

Irving

• 2 weeks later...
shorty1483

Nice tool!

Also I recognized that scanning 50.000 actors is taking a loooot of time :D Around 8 Gigs so far. Will definitely use the batch solution by @@Teddy...

Thanks for this little tool @@radeon. Being new to Emby, all your Tools and Plugins make Emby a little nicer.

• 4 months later...
Tanamur
I have just started to run this program for the 3rd or 4th time and I am now getting a message stating "Your Activation

Limit Has Been Exceeded". 

I have a dedicated HTPC server where the executable resides in a local disk folder. I initially started the executable 

from a Remote Desktop session from my laptop to the HTPC so I assume it identified the laptop CPU. The next few 

times I started it directly on the HTPC so it was using the HTPC server's CPU.

When I tried to run it on the HTPC yesterday it reported an error stating "Your Activation Limit Has Been Exceeded". I 

then tried to run it from a Remote Desktop session from my laptop and it is reporting "Your Activation Limit Has Been

Exceeded". 

What do you suggest? I have responded to the license email with these same details.

radeon

Yo! Sorry, been away on business travels yet again! December is quite the busy month for me! Roll on the 22nd!!! Although, at first glance I don't seem to have received any emails, not had chance to check my junk tho! 

Anyway's, give it a go now, your licence should be reset. :-)

Again, apologies for the delayed replay. 

• Like 1

Tanamur

Yo! Sorry, been away on business travels yet again! December is quite the busy month for me! Roll on the 22nd!!! Although, at first glance I don't seem to have received any emails, not had chance to check my junk tho! 

Anyway's, give it a go now, your licence should be reset. :-)

Again, apologies for the delayed replay. 

Hi @@radeon - Yes that has me going again thanks! I'll try to make certain I only run it on the dedicated server CPU. Cheers, Tanamur

Nologic

@radeon

Just bought your app...and have a few thoughts & questions.

1. Do you plan to add TMDB support for just encase IMDB doesn't have something...yeah Emby it's self is suppose to scrap TMDB...but at present it's failing to different degrees for different users.

2. You may wish to add a toggle for the naming of the downloaded image...as Emby doesn't appear to be using folder.jpg anymore...but poster.jpg.

3. Should add support for checking if folder.jpg or poster.jpg is present.

4. Should disable UPX compression on the executable...Eset barked at me...so I got to send them a dirty letter about flagging UPX again...however most folks won't realize this is an ongoing issue...and thus be frightened off by such warnings.

5. I'm seeing a lot of "Downloading:" statements...when we are only actually keeping one of the series...I hope you aren't actually downloading all those images...and instead are just being overly verbose with InetGetSize.

6. I'm seeing some images listed as 0kb...are these bad links or redirects that InetGet can't follow?

7. Have you thought of adding scheduling to the app...so it can be auto fired up say once a week or so? I have a basic example of how to do this with my Create Bif script and if you want to get fancy I have a GUI mockup.

8. Have you thought about adding Proxy support?

Anyways I'll likely have other suggestions and\or questions once the first run is complete. Right now I'm just happy I didn't have to write a script. :)

Alpheratz13

Hi Radeon,

i use your tool on my local machine, of course it's don't work on my server (VM) message error "Your activation limit has been exceeded".

I prefere works on my server (VM).

How activer your tool on my server ? and disable on my local computer ?

I hope understand my probleme.

Thank you for your help and wish you merry christmas to you all.

• 3 weeks later...
Alpheratz13

Hi Radeon,

Happy new year 2016 and hoping this year will be an great year.

Do can help me, please.

Message before this one.

Thank you

radeon

Hi Radeon,

Happy new year 2016 and hoping this year will be an great year.

Do can help me, please.

Message before this one.

Thank you

Hey! My apologies for missing that one! drop me a PM with your licence key and ill sort you out! :-)

• 3 weeks later...
e123enitan

Hi I just paid for this plugin, but when launch the app it asked for key I entered PayPal transaction number, but it wont recognized the key.

radeon

Hi I just paid for this plugin, but when launch the app it asked for key I entered PayPal transaction number, but it wont recognized the key.

Yo! Your licence key isnt the paypal transaction ID any more, its a key which gets sent out via email to the paypal email address. It may have hit your junk folder. Give that a check and if you still can't find it, drop me a PM and I'll sort you out! :-)

Cheers, 

e123enitan

I have two issues, each that I launched the app, it requires activation key, secondly I couldn't get into this locate where people folder are stored, the screen does not allow for selecting below folder. 

C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata\People

Edited by e123enitan

radeon

the config.ini contains your licence key so as long as you have extracted the exe and dont move it, it should refer to the same ini and work fine. 

if you can't pick the path via the folder selector dialog, just edit the config.ini section below or create it.

[iBNDIR]
key=
C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata\

e123enitan

I have two issues, each that I launched the app, it requires activation key, secondly I couldn't get into this locate where people folder are stored, the screen does not allow for selecting below folder. 

C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata\People

the config.ini contains your licence key so as long as you have extracted the exe and dont move it, it should refer to the same ini and work fine. 

if you can't pick the path via the folder selector dialog, just edit the config.ini section below or create it.

[iBNDIR]

key=C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata\

I am able to locate the path, how do one determine progress download? The file size remain as it were before and it appears is not growing

Cheers! 

Edited by e123enitan