Changing quality on live tv

casminkey

casminkey

Anyone else have a problem changing the quality on live tv kills the feed with a message, "Your request could not be processed at this time. Please try again later"? I swore I've used it before and worked. I get a lot of skipping and assume 1080p - 60Mbps over wifi is the cause so trying to drop it down.

Emby for Android version 2.8.40

Emby Server version 3.1.2.0

Can post logs if needed.

Thanks! [emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Spaceboy

Yes, I noticed this on ET on the pi. Also it didn't respect the quality settings if they were set in advance and should have forced transcoding, just direct plays. SD tv works fine. I wanted to do some more testing before reporting, but this is here

Spaceboy

no, set in advance. i.e., set before video playback is started in the app settings. trying to use the in video settings results in the error message in the first post.

still seeing the same today

Spaceboy

Settings, playback, general, max streaming bit rate. Set to 720p 4Mbps but this is ignored for live tv. It just direct streams

Spaceboy

so i see elsewhere you have noted that this is fixed in the next version of emby server. not sure if its supposed to be in the beta but i see some improvement but not a fix. video quality settings fixed in advance are still not respected. changing the quality in play does work however. but it doesnt stick for the next time.

• Like 1

so i see elsewhere you have noted that this is fixed in the next version of emby server. not sure if its supposed to be in the beta but i see some improvement but not a fix. video quality settings fixed in advance are still not respected. changing the quality in play does work however. but it doesnt stick for the next time.

@@Spaceboy, please provide the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

skurvy_pirate

I previously ran into this issue and made this thread. I have since moved to the Beta android app (was still a problem), but about 5 days ago or so I noticed it was working again. The latest Beta build from today has it broken again. 

skurvy_pirate

Sorry, I mean it behaves the same. When trying to change quality on Live TV I get the  "There was an error processing the request. Please try again later" message.

Gabbe222

Using Android emby app.. The option to change quality on Livetv is grayed out. Cant choose.

Choose quality on movies and tvshows works fine.

casminkey

Using Android emby app.. The option to change quality on Livetv is grayed out. Cant choose.

Choose quality on movies and tvshows works fine.

Which version are you using? I have 2.8.54 and the option is not grayed out for Live TV. I was able to change the quality a few times and seemed to be working, then the 4th time it failed.

I'll have to test more when I'm home later today.

Gabbe222

server: Version 3.1.5.0

androidapp: Version 2.8.54

@@casminkey do u have premiere subscription?

i only use m3u file in livetv

i have tried to reinstall app without luck

Edited by Gabbe222

casminkey

server: Version 3.1.5.0

androidapp: Version 2.8.54

@@casminkey do u have premiere subscription?

i only use m3u file in livetv

i have tried to reinstall app without luck

I do. I use a hdhomerun to view live tv through Emby.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Gabbe222

Okey, maybe they changed this to premiere feature . I have NO premiere subscription. Strange thing is that i have been able to change quality like a week ago and now iam not.. Im not gonna pay just to find out. IF I know it Will work, ofcourse i pay then.