Play icon shows even when no ChannelMediaInfo is set

mutu310

mutu310

While building a ChannelItemInfo, if you leave the MediaSources unset, i.e. you don't add any ChannelMediaInfo objects, the Play icon still shows up in Emby. Can you please not show the play button in this case?

I'm not sure there is a way at the moment to import unplayable channel content. you're just going to have to live with this for now and we'll look at it when we have a chance. thanks.

mutu310

I'm not sure there is a way at the moment to import unplayable channel content. you're just going to have to live with this for now and we'll look at it when we have a chance. thanks.

Thanks. I guess making my plugin play the trailer instead would be... Tricky?

Hey - can you try filling in some static string (Blurn or something maybe) for the path for all your items?  I'm honestly not sure if that will throw the system for a loop.  If it does, then never mind but, if it works okay, it would allow people to define a specialized treatment for the items for CoverArt.  Thx.

mutu310

Hey - can you try filling in some static string (Blurn or something maybe) for the path for all your items?  I'm honestly not sure if that will throw the system for a loop.  If it does, then never mind but, if it works okay, it would allow people to define a specialized treatment for the items for CoverArt.  Thx.

I tried reading it twice, thrice even, but I still couldn't understand what you mean. Could you kindly rephrase?

mutu310

LOL.

The items you are creating have a "Path" property.  What is in that?

I'm not setting it, so null I guess.

Okay, so what I was asking was if you could maybe try setting it to some static value (like "Blurn") and see if that causes a problem with other operations in the system.  If not, then that value will allow the system to identify items from your plugin.

Thanks.

mutu310

Okay, so what I was asking was if you could maybe try setting it to some static value (like "Blurn") and see if that causes a problem with other operations in the system.  If not, then that value will allow the system to identify items from your plugin.

Thanks.

I just tried it; it does interfere. Basically Emby thinks there is a video and tries to play "BlurN". I get no error, just a still image of the movie (no idea where it came from) and I can see the progress bar at the bottom with the length of the movie and a play icon which when clicked on it obviously doesn't play anything. I don't even get an error. See below:

587fb6d36235a_blurn.jpg

• 1 month later...
mutu310

I will look at this when I have a chance, thanks.

Gentle reminder about this. Further to my previous requirements, I would like the play icon to be disabled on an item by item basis rather than on a whole channel basis. This is because when BlurN offers suggestions, if the movie is downloaded to the library it will find it and allow you to play it. So some items _will_ be playable, but others won't have a source attached to them.

• 2 months later...