Purchasing themes

fraenhawk

fraenhawk

I think I already figured out the answer but wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something more obvious because this was so unintuitive. As a long time MB2 user, I went straight into the configurator for MB3C to try out the new Square theme (really great from what I've seen so far). I noticed that it was a premium and was trying to figure out how to purchase it. No button or info in the configurator, nothing in MB3C, and there's no "store" on mediabrowser3.com like there used to be for mediabrowser.tv.

After giving up for a day, I was looking around on the server and saw you could register for client plugins there, yet the install option says to go back to the configurator. I would suggest at the bare minimum adding something to the plugin screen of the configurator letting users know to go into the server to pay/register.

Even the Plugins Overview KB thread just says "MBC - Instructions for installing MB Classic plugins and themes can be found in this section of the MB Classic Setup Guide." and that link mentions nothing about going back to the server for any reason.

Koleckai Silvestri

The store is in the Server Dashboard from what I can tell. Click on Plugins and choose the Media Browser Classic tab. Telling users this would be beneficial.

• Like 1

This is because MBC has evolved slowly from the old MB2 system.  It started out as simply a stop-gap until MBT was ready but it has become clear it will have a longer life than that.

That said - I am currently in the middle of completely re-writing the way plug-ins are managed and installed in MBC.

• 2 weeks later...
KinkyCyborg

Is this why when I go to the MB store at http://www.mediabrowser.tv/store there is nothing there? I am for the life of me trying to obtain a supporter key and everything I have read has directed me to the store but it does not display any themes, features or bundles to purchase... all blank. Any help regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated.