Beta Thread

mikeraburn

mikeraburn

Am I missing something or is there not a separate thread for the beat preview?

I added the beta and goofed in it.

I tried a few sampling of videos and all seemed to play just fine.

I feel so dirty, it's like cheating on speechles!

But I do love the design and layout so far.

It's almost too "flashy" and "fancy" for me, I like the simplicity of Blue Neon.

Old dog new tricks syndrome,

I'll try to break it later this weekend and report back.

I tried it and couldn't even get it to load. It launches for a second or so and then kicks me back to the home screen. Regular and BN work fine. This is with a Premiere +.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

mikeraburn

Check and see if have the software version 7.5.1

I just got that on 1/13/2017 on my ULTRA.

Build 4095-29

TapTalk

• Like 1

There is no separate thread.  Please just create topics in this forum as you encounter issues.  Thanks.

I tried it and couldn't even get it to load. It launches for a second or so and then kicks me back to the home screen. Regular and BN work fine. This is with a Premiere +.

Yes, confirm that your firmware is at least 7.5 - although the system shouldn't have let you install it if not...

Happy2Play

Had the same issue on my Ultra.

@@ebr

Since I had the app on my Roku 3 all the installed apps carried over to my Ultra.

Had the same issue on my Ultra.

@@ebr

Since I had the app on my Roku 3 all the installed apps carried over to my Ultra.

And what version of firmware did it have on it?

Happy2Play

And what version of firmware did it have on it?

The Ultra had 7.2 and got the same results as lorac.  But after the firmware 7.5 update Preview loaded properly.

I think it's because I added it from the Web so it just auto pushes it to each roku. I'll try with the new firmware update. Thanks for the tip.

I think it's because I added it from the Web so it just auto pushes it to each roku. I'll try with the new firmware update. Thanks for the tip.

Yeah, but that seems like a problem on their end - pushing incompatible apps to devices.

mikeraburn

ebr,

I tossed a sampling of my video files at the beta and none gave me any issues.

I don't use Emby Roku for audio / music.

My endorsement of the suggested notification of transcoding during playback has been rethought. 

Unless the release candidate of this version is going to be designed with options to allow the user to adjust settings, like Blue Neon, then that info is moot.

I would think that with all of the knowledge you EMBY guys have gained and the new Roku device updates, the need for transcoding is going to be very rare, soon.

There may be the very few exceptions though.

I have found no playback issues yet, like I said before I wandered off in this post. 

• Like 1

Older non HD shows are still transcoding in the beta whereas they can direct stream in BN.

Older non HD shows are still transcoding in the beta whereas they can direct stream in BN.

Can you please open a new topic with specifics.  Thanks.

How to Report a Problem