Show Collection as Library toggle.

Koleckai Silvestri

MajesticFudgie

Any news on this?

It's December and I'd like to add a collection to the home screen of popular Christmas Movies that everyone can find right in front of them.
Similar can be used to highlight TV shows etc.

My current approach is creating a Christmas library and duplicating all the films into that.
An ability to create home-screen collections or pin a collection to the home-screen would be a brilliant addition to Emby.

cjlong45
2 hours ago, MajesticFudgie said:

Any news on this?

It's December and I'd like to add a collection to the home screen of popular Christmas Movies that everyone can find right in front of them.
Similar can be used to highlight TV shows etc.

My current approach is creating a Christmas library and duplicating all the films into that.
An ability to create home-screen collections or pin a collection to the home-screen would be a brilliant addition to Emby.

Good luck mate still waiting as much as I love emby we don't get many ui updates so I can't see this happening anytime soon unfortunately 

Happy2Play

Probably not until Smart Playlists becomes a core feature.  Hopefully with the "Improve support for folders being used in multiple libraries of same content types" it will make sooner.

kamhouse
22 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Probably not until Smart Playlists becomes a core feature.  Hopefully with the "Improve support for folders being used in multiple libraries of same content types" it will make sooner.

Does this mean you could create a "Christmas Blu-ray" folder and add it to the regular Movies library, and also a second Christmas Movies library? Is that a new feature that didn't used to exist?

seanbuff
58 minutes ago, kamhouse said:

Is that a new feature that didn't used to exist?

There is no new feature as yet. He means hopefully they are laying the groundwork for some possible new future features.

Edited by seanbuff

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, kamhouse said:

Does this mean you could create a "Christmas Blu-ray" folder and add it to the regular Movies library, and also a second Christmas Movies library? Is that a new feature that didn't used to exist?

Sorry I don't really follow your example as you should be able to do what you described already.  But may need more specifics

(NEW) In my current test on 4.8.0.21 

create Movie library C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Movies - DB

created another library C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Movies - DB\Family  (ie subfolder of parent library)

Edited by Happy2Play

• 3 months later...
jaketame

Are these two the same request?  I'm after Collections on the main screen, not as a library but as a row.

I

GrimReaper
3 minutes ago, jaketame said:

Are these two the same request?

They're not, but you're in a right topic close enough to what you're after. 

You can lend your support here as well:

• Thanks 1

jaketame
12 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

They're not, but you're in a right topic close enough to what you're after. 

You can lend your support here as well:

Thanks, it’s needed 🙂 

• 4 months later...
cjlong45
On 3/30/2022 at 6:25 PM, Luke said:

Hi, everything that we do is driven by user feedback. I can see this one has a lot of support and I would expect that we'll have something for it in future updates. Thanks.

Is this what smart veiws are or will be? Im sure I have seen mentions of it before 

4 hours ago, cjlong45 said:

Is this what smart veiws are or will be? Im sure I have seen mentions of it before 

Yes !

11 hours ago, cjlong45 said:

So the ability to add as many collections on the home categorys?

Yes.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
qazwsx10

So I had the same idea as the OP and decided to search to see if it was possible on the forums. After reading through this thread, I'm a little unsure if it has been answered/possible or not... Could someone please shed some light please :)

1 hour ago, qazwsx10 said:

So I had the same idea as the OP and decided to search to see if it was possible on the forums. After reading through this thread, I'm a little unsure if it has been answered/possible or not... Could someone please shed some light please :)

It’s not possible yet.

qazwsx10
27 minutes ago, Luke said:

It’s not possible yet.

Appreciate the quick response! An alternate idea I was thinking of was creating a separate folder with all movies that I want to show up annually and then just show/hide when needed. Would you recommend anything else?

I'm not sure where it came from but today "Spooky Suggestions" appeared on my Nvidia Shield (Android). FYI it's not on my LG tv app. The menus are orange too. Kind of cool. Would be cool if this showed up earlier in the month so we could watch more movies before halloween. 

Also would be neat if this was done for xmas and done earlier than xmas day. Many start on the 1st of the month.

Edited by hawk223