Emby Beta Login

weas98
Go to solution Solved by webacker,

I was able to download the new beta and was able to find the server using a pin through my Emby account. Then it is asking to sign into my server. I've tried using my Emby credentials and I've tried my server credentials but it keeps saying it's invalid. Help?

Hi @@weas98, by Emby credentials, do you mean your online Emby account, or your local user on your private Emby Server. Do you happen to know which one you tried to sign in with? thanks !

Ok so in this case what you want to do is use the Emby Connect sign in option in the Roku app. This is going to have you go through a pin code process in order to sign in. Please try that and let us know how it goes. thanks !

I've done that and it finds the server based on the pin. Then it asks to find my login name which is not listed. I try to do a manual login. I've tried my Emby name and password I use for website and it fails.

Edited by weas98

Once you do the pin code process it should take you right in without having to login again to the server itself. 

Open your Emby Server dashboard and browse to the user management section. Does your user have a cloud icon on the top right? 

users6.png

Yes he has invited me. I'm able to access the content on the regular Emby app through Roku the way you described. The Beta is not following this procedure as it's asking for a manual login as an additional step.

Hi @@weas98 are you able to complete this process using the "old" app? I am just trying to identify whether or not it's an issue in the new beta app. thanks !

Happy2Play

@@Luke

There is an issue with Connect on the beta app.  Just tested, when you select the option your at taken to the pin page with two options generate new pin and connect manually.  If you select connect manually it just created a new pin.  So there is no way to login.

Happy2Play

There is also a glitch when you activate via pin it maintains other servers that are available via connect.  So someone added me to there server to troubleshoot and now that is a permanent option when I open app.  If I select that server I get a spinning wheel since I am not actually connected via Connect.

@@weas98

You should be able to use the pin to actually log in if you need to.  Once you enter the pin via the website, click on the server you want to connect to and you should be connected.

Happy2Play

Using the pin I was able to auto login with my Connect id as the pin authenticated me automatically when I entered in on the website.  All you should have to do is select the server and you will see your screen name.

@@weas98 can you please try this again once your Roku updates with the latest beta version.  You can tell you have the update if you see more buttons on the audio player or if you look at the app info in Roku it should be 1.17.

I'll find a place to get a version number display in the app soon so it will be easier to tell.

Thanks @@ebr. I am now able to get in. I really like the new look.

I have noticed on some of the movies/tv shows there is no sound. The video is playing at the correct speed but no sound. Other videos work fine. Can't find a common denominator.

Happy2Play

@@weas98 can you please try this again once your Roku updates with the latest beta version.  You can tell you have the update if you see more buttons on the audio player or if you look at the app info in Roku it should be 1.17.

I'll find a place to get a version number display in the app soon so it will be easier to tell.

Server dashboard shows 1.9.0 with no updates available for me.

Server dashboard shows 1.9.0 with no updates available for me.

What is the firmware version of your device?

Happy2Play

It is 7.5x, I updated it a couple days ago as mentioned on other topic.