BlurN — Blu-Ray Release Notifications

mutu310

chjohans

Ok thanks Luke. Added the config files for BlurN after your superfast reply in case there is another issue. I wonder about the files with no content so mutu310 might wanna have a look at those.

mutu310

Ok thanks Luke. Added the config files for BlurN after your superfast reply in case there is another issue. I wonder about the files with no content so mutu310 might wanna have a look at those.

Well, you reset the BlurN database. What did you think would happen? (not trying to be smug but improving the user experience)

Do you have a backup of the json files BlurN keeps? That would allow you to revert the reset.

chjohans

Well, you reset the BlurN database. What did you think would happen? (not trying to be smug but improving the user experience)

Do you have a backup of the json files BlurN keeps? That would allow you to revert the reset.

I did the reset because it seemed like a food idea at the time since I had deleted and re-added all my libraries.

I assumed that it would reset BlurN to the "default state" as per a new installation, but obviously that is not the case.

I do have a backup of course so I'll restore those files and report back :)

chjohans

OK, did a restore of those config files and BlurN is back :)

Exactly what does the "Reset database" function do?

May I suggest that you add a pop-up or short description since it seems to be something that can't be easily reverted.

mutu310

OK, did a restore of those config files and BlurN is back :)

Exactly what does the "Reset database" function do?

May I suggest that you add a pop-up or short description since it seems to be something that can't be easily reverted.

Reset database clears the BlurN database and will only be filled up with the very latest releases that at the time would be found in http://www.blu-ray.com/rss/newreleasesfeed.xml AND pass through the filters in the BlurN settings.

chjohans

Ok, it's a convenient function to have, but I suggest you add some sort of warning or at least a static text that this will be the result as "Reset" is not really unambiguous, or it least it can mean different things to different people. I won't forget this so for me it makes no difference tho :)

• Like 1

mutu310

Ok, it's a convenient function to have, but I suggest you add some sort of warning or at least a static text that this will be the result as "Reset" is not really unambiguous, or it least it can mean different things to different people. I won't forget this so for me it makes no difference tho :)

I thought it *did* have this function; I'll need to check. Maybe make it clearer too.

Edited by mutu310

mutu310

It might, I sometimes does not read what is right in front of my eyes :)

You're not the only one. I will check if it exists, and even if it does it needs to be clearer, maybe set something in red and bold or something to catch the eye.

• 1 month later...
jordy

Hi @@mutu310,

I have been having an issue with BlurN. It seems that it cannot make it's mind how many movies to display. Sometimes there are only a few - eg the latest additions and then later on the same day or the next, there will be many movies (20-30) shown. Now today,  there are NONE. Not sure what is going on but I'm running the beta server 3.3.1.28 and BlurN 2.0.2.1.

Any ideas?

Edit: I have now cleared (reset) the BlurN database and now there are 2 - so I'll see what happens now.

Edited by jordy

mutu310

Hi @@mutu310,

I have been having an issue with BlurN. It seems that it cannot make it's mind how many movies to display. Sometimes there are only a few - eg the latest additions and then later on the same day or the next, there will be many movies (20-30) shown. Now today,  there are NONE. Not sure what is going on but I'm running the beta server 3.3.1.28 and BlurN 2.0.2.1.

Any ideas?

Edit: I have now cleared (reset) the BlurN database so I'll see what happens now.

I hope you took a backup of the BlurN files before resetting.

Did this issue happen when you upgraded to a new Emby version?

Seems like an issue with Emby, @@Luke.

jordy

I hope you took a backup of the BlurN files before resetting.

Did this issue happen when you upgraded to a new Emby version?

Seems like an issue with Emby, @@Luke.

No, I didn't back anything up. If I have only lost the movies that were previously listed then I can live with that having already reviewed them. Perhaps you can incorporate the backup with the reset button so it happens automatically :) I have emby backup plugin running - does that back up the necessary BlurN files?

I always update to the latest beta server when it becomes available, so yes I believe the 3.3.1.28 update may be the culprit because I normally check BlurN at least every couple of days if not daily. As for the differing number os movies shown - that has been going on for a while (weeks) and I've just not bothered with reporting it. Not sure if it's related to the issue with none showing after the last update.

Edit: after reset and running the scheduled event, there are now 2 movies listed. I'll see what happens from here on.

Edited by jordy

mutu310

No, I didn't back anything up. If I have only lost the movies that were previously listed then I can live with that having already reviewed them. Perhaps you can incorporate the backup with the reset button so it happens automatically :) I have emby backup plugin running - does that back up the necessary BlurN files?

I always update to the latest beta server when it becomes available, so yes I believe the 3.3.1.28 update may be the culprit because I normally check BlurN at least every couple of days if not daily. As for the differing number os movies shown - that has been going on for a while (weeks) and I've just not bothered with reporting it. Not sure if it's related to the issue with none showing after the last update.

Edit: after reset and running the scheduled event, there are now 2 movies listed. I'll see what happens from here on.

Not sure how that plugin works, could be.

Let me know how it goes please.

jordy

OK. something definitely not right here...

1. the server backup plugin backs up the plugin dll's but not the data - as far as I can see.
  2. Changing the default BlurN settings eg days, votes and ratings results in more movies being returned BUT nothing is shown on the BlurN page in Emby - it is blank
  3. Resetting to defaults results in 2 movies being shown
  4. All returned movies are listed in the json file - attached as 7z file due to upload permissions
  5. The notifications tab in Emby shows 7 recently added BlurN movies, only 3 of which I have in my library. BlurN settings are such that it should show all movies regardless of them already existing or watched.
  • if you want anything else let me know :)

edited...

post-196-0-26666900-1525074379_thumb.jpg

post-196-0-83242500-1525074386_thumb.jpg

post-196-0-74675100-1525074392_thumb.jpg

BlurNLogEntries.txt

MediaBrowser.Channels.BlurN.Data.json.7z

post-196-0-65465400-1525074960_thumb.jpg

Edited by jordy

mutu310

OK. something definitely not right here...

1. the server backup plugin backs up the plugin dll's but not the data - as far as I can see.
  2. Changing the default BlurN settings eg days, votes and ratings results in more movies being returned BUT nothing is shown on the BlurN page in Emby - it is blank
  3. Resetting to defaults results in 2 movies being shown
  4. All returned movies are listed in the json file - attached as 7z file due to upload permissions
  5. The notifications tab in Emby shows 7 recently added BlurN movies, only 3 of which I have in my library. BlurN settings are such that it should show all movies regardless of them already existing or watched.
  • if you want anything else let me know :)

edited...

@@Luke, this is definitely an issue with Emby Server beta. The channel is returning 7 results (which can be found in the JSON file), but the channel is coming up blank.

• 2 weeks later...
jordy

@@Luke, @@mutu310 BlurN Update:

Still not showing new movies correctly on 3.4.1.2 Beta:

BlurN only the latest movies that were added. Previously added movies are still listed in the json file but are not shown.

Also, as I only have about 320 movies in my library, I think that BlurN is also counting TV episode etc.

2018-05-10 10:50:16.847 Info TaskManager: Executing Sync played status to library
2018-05-10 10:50:17.083 Debug Plugin: [blurN] Syncing played status of 2 users to library.
2018-05-10 10:50:17.083 Debug XmlSerializer: Deserializing file C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\config\users\305090d36be245fc886b0165c2bf28cb\config.xml
2018-05-10 10:50:17.372 Debug Plugin: [blurN] User Pat has 3540 unplayed movies in library.
2018-05-10 10:50:17.482 Debug Plugin: [blurN] User Paul has 1280 unplayed movies in library.
2018-05-10 10:50:18.095 Info TaskManager: Sync played status to library Completed after 0 minute(s) and 1 seconds

post-196-0-09020000-1525916333_thumb.jpg

post-196-0-51484500-1525916340_thumb.jpg

MediaBrowser.Channels.BlurN.Data.json.7z

ServerLog .txt

post-196-0-65036700-1525917474_thumb.jpg

Edited by jordy

• 1 month later...
Happy2Play

Looks like plugin in broke in current beta 3.4.1.22

2018-06-27 06:42:03.371 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.4.1.22
	Command line: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application directory: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.String MediaBrowser.Controller.Channels.InternalChannelItemQuery.get_UserId()'.
	   at MediaBrowser.Channels.BlurN.BlurNChannel.GetItems(Boolean inChannel, InternalChannelItemQuery query, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)
	   at MediaBrowser.Channels.BlurN.BlurNChannel.GetItems(Boolean inChannel, InternalChannelItemQuery query, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Channels.BlurN.BlurNChannel.GetChannelItems(InternalChannelItemQuery query, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Channels.ChannelManager.GetChannelItems(IChannel channel, User user, String externalFolderId, Nullable`1 sortField, Boolean sortDescending, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Channels.ChannelManager.GetChannelItemsInternal(InternalItemsQuery query, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Channels.ChannelManager.RefreshLatestChannelItems(IChannel channel, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Channels.ChannelManager.GetLatestChannelItemsInternal(InternalItemsQuery query, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	System.MissingMethodException
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)
	   at MediaBrowser.Channels.BlurN.BlurNChannel.GetChannelItems(InternalChannelItemQuery query, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Channels.ChannelManager.GetChannelItems(IChannel channel, User user, String externalFolderId, Nullable`1 sortField, Boolean sortDescending, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Channels.ChannelManager.GetChannelItemsInternal(InternalItemsQuery query, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Channels.ChannelManager.RefreshLatestChannelItems(IChannel channel, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Channels.ChannelManager.GetLatestChannelItemsInternal(InternalItemsQuery query, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

Is there a repo? I can help with basic compatibility updates such as this. Thanks.

Thanks, I've submitted a pull request. After merging you just need to submit an update to the catalog targeting 3.4.1.20 as the min required server version.

mutu310

Thanks, I've submitted a pull request. After merging you just need to submit an update to the catalog targeting 3.4.1.20 as the min required server version.

Done. Version 2.0.2.2 released.