BlurN — Blu-Ray Release Notifications

mutu310

PenkethBoy

i can see that 2.0.1.0 exists from your plugin config page - have 2.0.0.7 currently

but with 3.2.70.0 it does not show for upgrade on the server dashboard

i have run the plugin refresh task to try and force it to update - no luck

not a problem - just thought i would mention it

• Like 1

mutu310

i can see that 2.0.1.0 exists from your plugin config page - have 2.0.0.7 currently

but with 3.2.70.0 it does not show for upgrade on the server dashboard

i have run the plugin refresh task to try and force it to update - no luck

not a problem - just thought i would mention it

First off thanks for confirming that people use the latest version number from the plugin config page :)

Secondly, your version is correct. Version 2.0.1.0 is only available for Emby Server 3.2.70.4 and over, due to changes in Emby Server code which forced plugin developers to make a small change. Functionally, there are absolutely no changes from version 2.0.0.7. Once Emby Server 3.2.70.4 is released as stable and you upgrade to this version, BlurN will update to 2.0.1.0. Hope this helps!

Edited by mutu310
  • Like 1

PenkethBoy

@@mutu310

Question 1: - any chance of getting an option to ignore a movie i have in my library even if i have not watched them?

Question 2: - Is it possible to do a similar thing for the release of Blu-Ray boxsets?

Thanks

mutu310

@@mutu310

Question 1: - any chance of getting an option to ignore a movie i have in my library even if i have not watched them?

Question 2: - Is it possible to do a similar thing for the release of Blu-Ray boxsets?

Thanks

Answer 1: There is a checkbox to do just what you want (Add movies to BlurN even if they already exist in your Emby movie library (Default is checked))

Answer 2: Not really, how do you get an IMDb rating for a boxset?

PenkethBoy

for question one - they have to be played first to be ignored? i have tried with checked and unchecked - but for example "Baby Driver" and "Guardians of the galaxy vol.2" both still exist - i have not watched them yet but would prefer if they were ignored as already in my library

question two - i meant treat box sets similar to new movie releases - so create a virtual entry like you do now for a new movie

mutu310

for question one - they have to be played first to be ignored? i have tried with checked and unchecked - but for example "Baby Driver" and "Guardians of the galaxy vol.2" both still exist - i have not watched them yet but would prefer if they were ignored as already in my library

Did you add them to your library before or after they were added to the channel by BlurN?

mutu310

Also, but this is beside the point, I'd like to point out a 'hidden' feature that BlurN has. If you have the movie in BlurN AND in your library, then a scheduled task in BlurN will link your BlurN movie to your library movie, get the metadata pertaining to the video and allow you to play the movie from within the BlurN channel.

PenkethBoy

my guess would be after blurn had flagged them up - as even if i pre order in amazon they arrive after blurn has picked them up

i have re run your three scheduled tasks a couple of times as well

PenkethBoy

Also, but this is beside the point, I'd like to point out a 'hidden' feature that BlurN has. If you have the movie in BlurN AND in your library, then a scheduled task in BlurN will link your BlurN movie to your library movie, get the metadata pertaining to the video and allow you to play the movie from within the BlurN channel.

yes seen that - thought that was Emby - nice feature

• Like 1

PenkethBoy

one side effect i see of that though is that you get double movies for actors e.g.

5a70682a61a2f_Capture.jpg

one on the left is Blurn

5a70683abafae_Capture3.jpg

the second vol.2 is from Blurn

one of the reasons why i would like to ignore movies i have in my library :)

mutu310

my guess would be after blurn had flagged them up - as even if i pre order in amazon they arrive after blurn has picked them up

i have re run your three scheduled tasks a couple of times as well

I need to look at the code. I think it works by not adding them to the BlurN channel if they already exist in your library (i.e. for pirates who download a screener, for example). As for the vice versa effect I'm not sure I'm handling it. If I am, it seems buggy. But in any case, them being played or not has no effect on their visibility FROM THE FIRST CHECKBOX, except that if something exists in both BlurN and your library, the played status of your library item is copied over to the BlurN item.

As for the second checkbox, that works on the played status. If you have an item in both BlurN and your library, and watch it, it allows it to be removed from BlurN.

mutu310

one side effect i see of that though is that you get double movies for actors e.g.

5a70682a61a2f_Capture.jpg

one on the left is Blurn

5a70683abafae_Capture3.jpg

the second vol.2 is from Blurn

one of the reasons why i would like to ignore movies i have in my library :)

This is a bug in Emby. @@Luke please take note.

PenkethBoy

I need to look at the code. I think it works by not adding them to the BlurN channel if they already exist in your library (i.e. for pirates who download a screener, for example). As for the vice versa effect I'm not sure I'm handling it. If I am, it seems buggy. But in any case, them being played or not has no effect on their visibility FROM THE FIRST CHECKBOX, except that if something exists in both BlurN and your library, the played status of your library item is copied over to the BlurN item.

As for the second checkbox, that works on the played status. If you have an item in both BlurN and your library, and watch it, it allows it to be removed from BlurN.

thing is - the first check box has always been unchecked for me - first thing i did when installing was to uncheck the "add even if in my library" option as did not want two copies and as i already had it no need to see it on the blurn channel

does you code go back and check if a movie has been added after a movie is released to see if its been added later?

chjohans

I've Blur release 2.0.0.7 installed and it looks like it does not delete those titles that I have in my library and have watched. The sheduled tasks "Remove watched movies" and "Sync played status to library" are running regularly, but I have two titles in Blur that also exists and are marked as "watched" in my library. Based on the sheduled tasks I'm referring to I assume that those two titles should have been deleted from Blur.

Edited by chjohans

PenkethBoy

check your settings and make sure the second option for the plugin is checked

then run the remove watched task and they will disappear from blurn

why we cant have a remove if it exists in my library task - i dont know - why would you want two copies!!

mutu310

why we cant have a remove if it exists in my library task - i dont know - why would you want two copies!!

I still have to check regarding the issue you mentioned, it's just I have a bit less time now since I'm now a father :)

Anyway, to answer this question: BlurN is about listing top movies you may want to watch. It's not a library, look at it like the Trailers plugin, for example. If you obtain a movie listed in BlurN, the advantage you get is that if you're undecided whether you want to find something new or watch something in your library, you could go to BlurN and say "oh, I have that in my library", and click play on it and it starts playing the movie file in your library. It's strong. Think of it like a shortcut to your library item, it's not like the actual file is saved twice and wasting your disk space.

PenkethBoy

congratulations! :)

what i would like is blurn to be a list of blu-rays i dont have rather than a mixture

mutu310

congratulations! :)

what i would like is blurn to be a list of blu-rays i dont have rather than a mixture

Thank you :)

When I have some time I will create this option for you as well.

• Like 1

chjohans

Brilliant, thanks. Didn't know I had "messed with" the second setting, don't think I have and wouldn't have turned it off based on what it says, but it was off even as it says it's default on  :)

check your settings and make sure the second option for the plugin is checked

then run the remove watched task and they will disappear from blurn

mutu310

Version 2.0.1.1 released @@PenkethBoy

- If option 'Add movies to BlurN even if they already exist in your Emby movie library' is uncheched, movies will now be hidden in the BlurN channel if the movie is added to the library after it was added to BlurN.

This version requires Emby Server 3.2.70.4 or higher.

Edited by mutu310
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
mutu310

cool - will try when stable moves to .80

thanks

The latest stable allows BlurN 2.0.1.1 now. Did the update fix your problem please?

chjohans

BlurN does not show up as a folder under "My Media" with the latest server (3.3.0.0), I saw the same with the two latest beta versions of the server. I did get a notification about a new movie though, but BlurN is still not showing.

Maybe it needs to be updated to support the newest server?