BlurN — Blu-Ray Release Notifications

mutu310

mutu310

58a16a8f03033_BlurN.png

BlurN will retrieve newly released movies on Blu-Ray and add notifications plus a channel listing when a movie matches a number of filters (for now age of movie in days, minimum IMDB rating, minimum number of IMDB votes and genres).

This plugin may be installed from the official Emby Plugin Catalogue.

Comments?

Known issues
Play icon shows on Emby clients despite no video being available. Will be fixed by the Emby team. More info...

Source code
It's available on GitHub.

Note

This plugin is anonymously tracking its usage purely for statistical purposes.

Changelog

2.0.2.7 — Compatibility update

2.0.2.6 — Compatibility update

2.0.2.5 — Compatibility update

2.0.2.4 — Compatibility update

2.0.2.3 — Compatibility update

2.0.2.2 — Compatibility update

2.0.2.1 — Fixed bug that was re-adding movies that were removed due to them being played by all users, only to remove them again and re-add them again in an infinite loop
2.0.1.9 — Fixed issue where sometimes releases were being skipped

2.0.1.8 — Fixed a problem with persistent cache

2.0.1.7 — Optimisations with language retrieval

2.0.1.6 — Added new feature to get metadata and poster images in Emby Server interface language

2.0.1.5 — Multiple tweaks

2.0.1.4 — Fixed another problem with channel sometimes showing up empty

2.0.1.3 — Update to fix problems with empty channel

2.0.1.2 — Compatibility update fixes problem with channel not showing up

2.0.1.1 — If option 'Add movies to BlurN even if they already exist in your Emby movie library' is uncheched, movies will now be hidden in the BlurN channel if the movie is added to the library after it was added to BlurN

2.0.1.0 — Compatibility update with Emby Server 3.2.70.4

2.0.0.7 — Linked latest version number in plugin configuration page to plugin update page

2.0.0.6 — Improved robustness and increased debug logging

2.0.0.5 — Re-added latest version checking
2.0.0.4 — OMDb fixes
2.0.0.1 — Fixed bug with OMDb requests not being passed on year of movie (requires Emby 3.2.30.2 or higher)

2.0.0.0 — Targeting the new Emby codebase. Minimum Emby version required is 3.2.30.2

1.2.4.2x — Fixed bug when library item has no IMDb ID

1.2.3.2x — Compatibility updates

1.2.2.2x — Fixed latest version checker for 1.2.2.26 (versions pre-Emby Server 3.2.27.0)

1.2.1.2x — Code cleaning, added new IMDbURL notification variable option and fixed end tracking for channel viewing

1.2.0.8 — Updated NuGet packages

1.2.0.7 — Fixed an encoding issue that was causing a specific item to fail repeatedly

1.2.0.6 — Fixed a bug related to parsing IMDb rating for users with specific regional settings

1.2.0.5 — Installed & latest versions now shown in BlurN settings page

1.2.0.3 — Added more debug logging to show which filters stopped movies from being added to the BlurN channel

1.2.0.2 — Updated NuGet packages to 3.0.702, Settings page cosmetic changes

1.2.0.1 — Fixed a configuration issue

1.2.0.0 — Added genre whitelist matching with first movie genre

1.1.3.9 — Fixed OMDb API issue

1.1.3.8 — Notification and settings changes & more code cleaning

1.1.3.7 — Code cleaning

1.1.3.6 — Notification bug fix; tracking calls now asynchronous not waited

1.1.3.5 — Added option to hide played movies

1.1.3.4 — Enabled sorting options in channel; fixed a bug with channel sometimes missing items

1.1.3.3 — Tweaked default configuration settings

1.1.3.1 — Added more media info to channel when item is found in library and is playable

1.1.3.0 — Making channel items playable if they exist in library; syncing of played status to library

1.1.2.9 — Fixed a bug that allowed duplicates to be added to channel

1.1.2.8 — Using HTTPS for OMDb, supporting latest media and making channel indexable

1.1.2.7 — Tracking of UI language; could later be used to provide translations

1.1.2.6 — Added random number to request (cache buster)

1.1.2.5 — Updated user agents

1.1.2.4 — Added anonymous usage tracking purely for statistical purposes

1.1.2.1 — Bug fix due to some items remaining in failed queue

1.1.2.0 — More code cleaning

1.1.1.8 — Process to convert TMDb poster images from 640px width to original poster size
1.1.1.7 — Code cleaning, calling poster from TMDb that matches the one from Emby
1.1.1.6 — Items that fail checking with OMDb will be stored and retried later
1.1.1.5 — Querying TMDb for posters and more robust error handling
1.1.1.4 — Moved reset database functionality to the settings screen and added more debug logging
1.1.1.3 — Added new notification type. To configure go to Manage Server > Notifications
1.1.1.2 — Fixed a bug with notifications always showing even if option is disabled
1.1.1.1 — Movies played by logged in user will now be hidden from channel
1.1.1.0 — Added new scheduled task: Remove watched movies
1.1.0.1 — Changed descriptions so they are (hopefully) more understandable
1.1.0.0 — Released to official Emby Plugin Catalogue. Reinstall plugin from there
2017-01-16 22:55 — Added new setting to allow not adding items already in library, removed trigger on ResetDatabase task.
2017-01-16 19:23 — Logo updated (right-click on channel and click refresh), and some bug fixes & improvements
2017-01-15 21:32 — Fixed a bug where database was being cleared whenever configuration settings were being saved
2017-01-15 13:34 — Changed page size to 100, force refreshed items
2017-01-15 12:38 — Numerous bug fixes
2017-01-15 10:05 — Re-organisation and set rating to US-R
2017-01-14 20:20 — Now you can watch trailers, see more artwork and get links to IMDb and TMdb
2017-01-14 17:30 — Updated namespace
2017-01-14 16:00 — Added a channel
2017-01-12 13:59 — First version

Edited by mutu310
  • Like 10

shorty1483

BlurN will retrieve newly released movies on Blu-Ray and (for now) add notifications when a movie matches a number of filters (for now age of movie in days, minimum IMDB rating and minimum number of IMDB votes).

Currently this is in alpha state and tested on Windows 10 and Synology NAS.

Comments?

This is kind of a nice concept. Tried out and works. Could the notification for a movie be clickable (like @@Luke 's release notes) to open e.g. the particular detail site with the movie release date, e.g. bluray.com to get further infos? Example: I got notified of the Deepwater Horizon release. When I click on it, I get to this page http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Deepwater-Horizon-Blu-ray/155147/

Also It would be interesting from where you grab the data and if it's possible to get it country specific.

Edited by shorty1483
  • Like 1

mutu310

This is kind of a nice concept. Tried out and works. Could the notification for a movie be clickable (like @@Luke 's release notes) to open e.g. the particular detail site with the movie release date, e.g. bluray.com to get further infos? Example: I got notified of the Deepwater Horizon release. When I click on it, I get to this page http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Deepwater-Horizon-Blu-ray/155147/

Also It would be interesting from where you grab the data and if it's possible to get it country specific.

I am grabbing the data from blu-ray's newest releases RSS feed. Regarding the notifications I want to go a step further by either opening up a new channel (kind of like what the TuneIn plug in does) or else try to see if I can get them under the suggestions tab of the movies channel, if at all possible.

Eventually I have some other ideas too like connecting to the library and Trakt to exclude movies you've watched already from showing up in BlurN. I just have to see what's possible since I have only been coding Emby plugins for a couple of hours.

Last but not least, I will open source this in due time.

• Like 2

mutu310

With more feedback I will be able to improve the plugin and apply for a developer ID to publish it to the official Emby plugin store. Thanks :)

mutu310

Would be nice to scrap total score for 3D Fit from here:

http://www.cinemablend.com/3d

But their rss feed is poor, and I don't see any links to IMDB or so so I think it ain't gonna happen ;)

Without an API I can plug into this would break the dev plugin rules so I can't do that. :(

Without an API I can plug into this would break the dev plugin rules so I can't do that. :(

I was almost sure that it's impossible... parsing/regexping DOM is pain in the *beep*, and if something changes - here we go again ;)

But feature like BD premiere notification is nice :)

• Like 1

mutu310

Yes, that's correct. I don't wish to start a plugin that would be highly susceptible to breaking with some web design change.

mutu310

Good news... I managed to get the new releases to show up as a channel. All that remains for now is to create a new task to reset the database and create images for the plugin and channel, and then I will release a new version

• Like 1

mutu310

Please find the latest version in the first post. Whoever had installed it, please visit the new Settings page, amend accordingly and then run the new scheduled task called Reset Database. Still couldn't add the thumbnail for the channel, but at least the channel is working now.

Edited by mutu310

mutu310

I am on synology, why installe your plugin ?

Because it has a unique function of informing you which good movies have just been released on Blu-Ray, through notifications (optional) and through a channel in your Emby home.

mutu310

Updated again. Now you can watch trailers, see more artwork and get links to IMDb and TMdb.

If upgrading from an older version, please click on the new Scheduled Task called Reset BlurN database.

Edited by mutu310

Happy2Play

Nice plugin, more accurate then what the Trailer plugin is providing.  As your results are showing stuff not listed in "New and Upcoming Movies on Dvd & Blu-ray".

I would only post updated zips in your first post and reference that whenever there is an update to avoid confusion.

• Like 1

mutu310

Nice plugin, more accurate then what the Trailer plugin is providing. As your results are showing stuff not listed in "New and Upcoming Movies on Dvd & Blu-ray".

I would only post updated zips in your first post and reference that whenever there is an update to avoid confusion.

Thanks. I'm updating the first post each time, but good point regarding only doing that.

mutu310

New version uploaded to the first post. Re-organisation and set rating to US-R.

Edited by mutu310

mutu310

New version attached to the first post.

- Fixed a bug whereby if refresh is interrupted, some items may never be added.

- Fixed sorting issue.

- Fixed a bug whereby pagination was not working.

mutu310

Known bug found, not yet fixed because it will take some time.

Whenever settings are saved, the database is cleared out and you will need to run the BlurN scheduled tasks "reset database" and "refresh new releases".

mutu310

New version in first post. Changed page size to 100, force refreshed items.

Known issue in previous post still not fixed.

mutu310

Known bug found, not yet fixed because it will take some time.

Whenever settings are saved, the database is cleared out and you will need to run the BlurN scheduled tasks "reset database" and "refresh new releases".

Problem solved and new version uploaded to the first post in the thread. The database is no longer being cleared out. The data is being saved to a MediaBrowser.Channels.BlurN.Data.json file in the plugin configuration path

mutu310

This is kind of a nice concept. Tried out and works. Could the notification for a movie be clickable (like @@Luke 's release notes) to open e.g. the particular detail site with the movie release date, e.g. bluray.com to get further infos? Example: I got notified of the Deepwater Horizon release. When I click on it, I get to this page http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Deepwater-Horizon-Blu-ray/155147/

What did you mean by "country specific" please? Did you mean language?

shorty1483

What did you mean by "country specific" please? Did you mean language?

Release dates can differ from country to country.