BlurN — Blu-Ray Release Notifications

mutu310

mutu310

Version 1.1.3.6 released

- Notification bug fix
- Tracking calls now asynchronous not waited.

PenkethBoy

Hi

Is there a fix coming so we dont have to restart the emby server to get plugin updates - i suspect this is an emby problem rather than your plugin

jordy

I'm not seeing this issue. I get the usual notifications that an update is available and it works as expected.

Emby 3.2.8.1.Beta

cheers

mutu310

Hi

Is there a fix coming so we dont have to restart the emby server to get plugin updates - i suspect this is an emby problem rather than your plugin

No there probably won't be a fix since this is how Emby works by design and the way it's intended. Please refer to this post by @@Luke: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/43658-blurn-—-blu-ray-release-notifications/?p=419948

Edited by mutu310

PenkethBoy

i think its a Stable issue as it worked in Beta for me before - but have moved my main emby server to Stable

will try with my beta server to try and confirm

not a big problem :)

mutu310

i think its a Stable issue as it worked in Beta for me before - but have moved my main emby server to Stable

will try with my beta server to try and confirm

not a big problem :)

Perhaps I was unclear. There is no need to restart Emby to get the update. It will come, eventually, on its own. Restarting the server will help you immediately get the update. The only issue that perhaps can be fixed by @@Luke is that the scheduled task called "check for plugin updates" should work the same way as a server restart and skip any cache. That way, if you're aware of an update you should be able to run the scheduled task rather than restart Emby Server.

PenkethBoy

Running the task does not pickup the new plugin on Stable

when you release the next version i will try again on beta and stable

PenkethBoy

Just checked and both of my servers have picked up the new plugin this time

I think it must be a timing issue for it to be available 

• Like 1

mutu310
Version 1.1.3.8 released:

- Changed the way notifications were being handled

- Some minor changes to settings page

- More code cleaning

• 2 months later...
mutu310

Version 1.1.3.9 released:

- Fixed OMDb API issue. BlurN was not working for a while, sorry about this. When you upgrade to this new version, anything that had failed in the past will be retried again so you will not miss any movies that may have come out since it stopped working.

Edited by mutu310
  • Like 2

PrincessClevage

Version 1.1.3.9 released:

- Fixed OMDb API issue. BlurN was not working for a while, sorry about this. When you upgrade to this new version, anything that had failed in the past will be retried again so you will not miss any movies that may have come out since it stopped working.

Any chance a genre selection can be built in ?

mutu310

I will work on it in due time.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

mutu310

OK, I want to work on this, but every time I do try I face the same stumbling block.

Movies have 1 to 3 genres (maybe more, I don't know). Let's say you don't like war movies. If you have a whitelist of genres you would only untick 'war', but a movie with the genres "War, Drama" would still show up since you would have left drama ticked.

We could make a blacklist instead, in which you would only tick 'War' and any movie that has war as a genre in it would be excluded. That poses problems though. Imagine someone who hates romantic movies but loves romantic comedies. If he/she ticks 'Romance' in the blacklist, all romantic comedies would be excluded as a result.

As you can see neither solution is clean, and using a combination of both could get too complicated for users to understand. A possible concept could be a whitelist that only matches on the first genre. Thus in the first example I made, "War, Drama" would be excluded but "Drama, War" would not.

PrincessClevage

OK, I want to work on this, but every time I do try I face the same stumbling block.

Movies have 1 to 3 genres (maybe more, I don't know). Let's say you don't like war movies. If you have a whitelist of genres you would only untick 'war', but a movie with the genres "War, Drama" would still show up since you would have left drama ticked.

We could make a blacklist instead, in which you would only tick 'War' and any movie that has war as a genre in it would be excluded. That poses problems though. Imagine someone who hates romantic movies but loves romantic comedies. If he/she ticks 'Romance' in the blacklist, all romantic comedies would be excluded as a result.

As you can see neither solution is clean, and using a combination of both could get too complicated for users to understand. A possible concept could be a whitelist that only matches on the first genre. Thus in the first example I made, "War, Drama" would be excluded but "Drama, War" would not.

would it be possible to look at this split into two sections: 1st show all movies that have at least 1 genre of xyz..

2. Filter list to show only combination of (selection from 1.) + the following additional genres (optional)

This way downloads would at least be limited to any movie with at least 1 occurrence from items selected in no 1 and a simple view filter applied for no 2 ?

mutu310

would it be possible to look at this split into two sections: 1st show all movies that have at least 1 genre of xyz..

2. Filter list to show only combination of (selection from 1.) + the following additional genres (optional)

This way downloads would at least be limited to any movie with at least 1 occurrence from items selected in no 1 and a simple view filter applied for no 2 ?

Way too complicated to explain to the users. I'm going to go with a whitelist on the first genre as a start. I'm testing it right now.

PenkethBoy

just a thought - is the genre cleaner going to affect this - as it can override genres as media is imported - not sure if it affects channels or other plugin data??

mutu310

just a thought - is the genre cleaner going to affect this - as it can override genres as media is imported - not sure if it affects channels or other plugin data??

I don't know since I never used it, however adding a genre whitelist in my plugin won't change anything since movies are added with genres in any case. This sort of query needs to be addressed to the developer of the genre cleaner plugin.

mutu310

Version 1.2.0.0 released:

- Added genre whitelist matching with first movie genre.

mutu310

Version 1.2.0.1 released:

- Fixed a configuration issue.

• Like 1

PrincessClevage

Version 1.2.0.1 released:

- Fixed a configuration issue.

how do I refresh/clear the old data/movies?

mutu310

how do I refresh/clear the old data/movies?

Any configuration changes always affect new data rather than existing data. If you wish to remove data, you will need to do that manually from the plugins/configurations/MediaBrowser.Channels.BlurN.Data.json file.

You can edit the JSON manually if you know what you're doing, otherwise use a tool such as http://www.jsoneditoronline.org/

• Like 1

jordy

@@mutu310, I'm not sure but from the error msgs I'm getting, it seems as though there may be code errors in BlurN with the beta server 3.2.19.2.

see attached screen snip and log extract

2017-06-04 19:37:36.9503 Error TaskManager: Error
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.2.19.2
    Command line: C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    Processor count: 8
    Program data path: C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
    Application directory: C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
    System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.InternalItemsQuery.set_SourceTypes(MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.SourceType[])'.
     at MediaBrowser.Channels.BlurN.ScheduledTasks.RemovePlayedMovies.<Execute>d__17.MoveNext()
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)
     at MediaBrowser.Channels.BlurN.ScheduledTasks.RemovePlayedMovies.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
     at Emby.Common.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.<ExecuteInternal>d__68.MoveNext()
    System.MissingMethodException
     at MediaBrowser.Channels.BlurN.ScheduledTasks.RemovePlayedMovies.<Execute>d__17.MoveNext()
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)
     at MediaBrowser.Channels.BlurN.ScheduledTasks.RemovePlayedMovies.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
     at Emby.Common.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.<ExecuteInternal>d__68.MoveNext()

2017-06-04 19:37:36.9503 Info TaskManager: Remove watched movies Failed after 0 minute(s) and 0 seconds
2017-06-04 19:37:36.9503 Debug NotificationManager: Sending notification via Dashboard Notifications to user Paul5933df040278c_BlurN.jpg

mutu310

What BlurN version are you running please? @@Luke can you please shed light on this missing method exception?