BlurN — Blu-Ray Release Notifications

mutu310

mutu310

Release dates can differ from country to country.

Ah I see. I don't have that luxury. I'm going by what blu-ray.com provides.
  • Like 1

Spaceboy

Ah I see. I don't have that luxury. I'm going by what blu-ray.com provides.

but there is a uk specific version of blu-ray.com, for example
  • Like 1

mutu310

but there is a uk specific version of blu-ray.com, for example

That's correct, but I am not scraping the website but rather using the RSS feed they provide at http://www.blu-ray.com/rss/newreleasesfeed.xml

As far as I can tell, this feed will only show the US releases. If you find a means to switch the RSS to different countries, then I will implement it as a configuration setting.

mutu310

Ahh I see, well for my purposes the us release date will be fine. I won't be buying the disc [emoji3]

Yes for obtaining the movie, the US release date helps a lot because it means that your sources will most likely have the movie in good quality.

mutu310

I whipped up a quick thumb:

blurn_R1.png

Brilliant! Thanks a lot for this! I will implement it tonight if I find some time :)

If you have the original file, would you be able to give me a version with transparent background please?

Good day,

Can this update in the future build to include the 4k (UHD) releases as well?

Thanks in advanced.

My best

mutu310

Good day,

Can this update in the future build to include the 4k (UHD) releases as well?

Thanks in advanced.

My best

As long as a reliable feed is available, then I can't see a reason NOT to include it in a future update.

• Like 1

mutu310
New version added (download from first post of thread).

- Updated logo, contributed by @@denzoid. In order to update, right-click on the BlurN channel and click "Refresh" and tick "Replace existing images".

- Fixed bug with progress percentage.

- Fixed bug with reset database not being reset in some cases.

- Added an extra search without "3D" when title ends with "3D" and release is not found on OMDb API.

mutu310

New version attached to first post in thread.

- Added new setting to allow not adding items already in library.

- Removed trigger on ResetDatabase task.

mutu310

With default settings, you should receive a new movie in your BlurN list now since Train to Busan was released. Next time the scheduled task "Refresh new releases" works, you will receive the notification and/or new listing in the channel.

Happy2Play

If the data-type was Trailer instead of Movie would it just present the play button instead of both Play and Trailer?  (like the Trailer plugin)

oops wrong thread, moved post.

Edited by Happy2Play

mutu310

If the data-type was Trailer instead of Movie would it just present the play button instead of both Play and Trailer?  (like the Trailer plugin)

oops wrong thread, moved post.

I don't know. I'm not adding trailers at all, it's Emby that's doing it automatically and my assumption is that it's looking for a trailer simply because the data type is movie. However, I'll give it a try.

Good day,

1 - Maybe I do not fully understand the idea of this good plugin, but whatever I refresh the list, some items been removed when updating the plugin dll or do reset/refresh from the task.

Before:

587e40c893566_20170117_185227.jpg

After:

587e40f1ee557_20170117_190059.jpg

2 - Could not fully as well understand this option:

587e4124e4a88_20170117_190439.jpg

Dose it meant as bluray/hd titles I have in my libraries or a titles as dvd/sd I have in my libraries? I disable it for now to be sure.

My best

mutu310

Good day to you too @@Abobader.

Issue #1 is symptomatic of clicking the reset database, which clears all entries from the database. The feed only contains the movies that came out in the last x days and thus when it is refreshed it would not be able to include movies that used to exist before.

Issue #2 is not really an issue. When the checkbox is checked, it adds all movies it can find in the feed that match the filters to the channel. This is the default behaviour. When you uncheck the checkbox (as you did), if the refresh new releases scheduled task is trying to add a movie it will check if the movie already exists in your library (any quality), and if it does it does not add it to the channel, because you clearly know about the existence of the movie :)

• Like 2

mutu310

Many thanks for explaining the settings, well done!

Thanks to you too, I'll try to rephrase so things are clearer.

• Like 1

mutu310

Great news!

BlurN has been accepted to be included in the official Emby Plugin Catalogue. Please uninstall and then reinstall the plugin from there. Further updates will be pushed through the catalogue rather than through this thread.

• Like 1

mutu310

Thanks to you too, I'll try to rephrase so things are clearer.

Done. The checkbox now reads:

Add movies to BlurN even if they already exist in your Emby movie library

And the Reset Database description now reads:

Clears the BlurN channel database whilst retaining the settings.

• Like 1

Great news!

BlurN has been accepted to be included in the official Emby Plugin Catalogue. Please uninstall and then reinstall the plugin from there. Further updates will be pushed through the catalogue rather than through this thread.

Good day,

No need to uninstalled the plugin, when new update come it will get notify and update by the user.

My best

mutu310

Added new scheduled task: Remove movies from the BlurN channel which exist in your library and are marked as played by all users.

mutu310

Hi, I'm only seeing one movie listed in blurn. Is this expected?

Depends on your configuration and the last time you reset the database. New movies will come out on the 24th of January.