Aztec Theme

psmc

moviefan

The theme looks great. Has anyone with a slower htpc like an a6-3500 tried this theme? I installed square last week and it seems to lag a bit when flipping between collections on the home page. I paid for square and like the look but the slowness on my machine gets annoying.

As I said two posts above, I have a Haswell i5 4440s and it is painfully slow.  I tried square out today as well and noticed some lag as well but nothing close to the lag and freezing experienced with Aztec.  Totally unusable for me.

I run an atom with an nvidia - I doubt anyone has a less powerful client than what I have unless they are xbox's or .

Aztec is slow - but only the main/first screen - there is something amiss with that one.  Once you start moving into sub media groups it is faster.

One of the best themes - that appeals to me is Ascendency - which is similar to Aztec.

Ascendency is always quick and resposive

I hope Aztec gets the bugs worked out, as I have tied to help out by listing the bugs I could find

moviefan

One of the best themes - that appeals to me is Ascendency - which is similar to Aztec.

Yes another great (and unfortunately dead) Throgsoft theme.  It seems like all of his themes are so much better with resources and speed than these others besides chocolate.

leedavies

Just noticed this too (in Aztec Coverflow) the Disc is Egg shaped 52e937436f8e7_egg.jpg52e9374dc4325_eggs.jpg

LOL, we've reinvented the CD!  The disc image is centered vertically to the cover image, but isn't locked to keep it's original aspect ratio - I think it's just an oversight in a big code cleanup., So if you have a tall cover image, the disc will stretch.

Will fix that in the new version that is almost ready to go live.  Thanks!

leedavies

The theme looks great. Has anyone with a slower htpc like an a6-3500 tried this theme? I installed square last week and it seems to lag a bit when flipping between collections on the home page. I paid for square and like the look but the slowness on my machine gets annoying.

Interesting.  What in particular is slow?  Startup time?  Moving left and right on the EHS collections bar?  Scrolling through covers?  

Let me know and we'll look into it.

leedavies

I found this error tonight too in aztec @@leedavies but i think i know how. Everything worked in Aztec until i tried to change the skin from Dark To "Light" in the theme options and straight away got errors & removed the theme and tried it again and reproduced the error dark skin = fine; Light = error  on W8.1 x64 52ed4e41e278e_errorpoint.jpgException Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.HostLoadException: Error while attemping to load: 'resx://Aztec/Aztec.Resources/Page#PageAztec'. Details: resx://Aztec/Aztec.Resources/PageDetailArea(352): Library 'Color' does not contain a resource called "s:Aztec_Counter_Unwatched". resx://Aztec/Aztec.Resources/Page: Unable to load 'resx://Aztec/Aztec.Resources/PageDetailArea'. at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Host.OnPreInitialize() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.NewUiZone.DeliverInitializations() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.NewUiZone.ImplementUiTask(UiTask task, Object param) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UiZone.ProcessUiTask(UiTask task, Object param) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UiSession.ProcessInitialization() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Queues.Dispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UIDispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue, LoopCondition condition) at MediaCenter.Extensibility.Host.Main(String[] args) 

Thanks for spotting that one - a couple of recent style changes were in the dark skin, but not the light one.  Fix coming very shortly...

leedavies

I run an atom with an nvidia - I doubt anyone has a less powerful client than what I have unless they are xbox's or .

Aztec is slow - but only the main/first screen - there is something amiss with that one.  Once you start moving into sub media groups it is faster.

I hope Aztec gets the bugs worked out, as I have tied to help out by listing the bugs I could find

When you say "slow on the main screen", please could you explain what particularly?

Is it the initial startup?  Moving left right on the collections bar?  Scrolling left/right on covers?  Moving up and down from collections bar to covers scroller?  etc

leedavies

Aztec is soooooooooooooooooooooooo sloooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I purchased this one because I read in the description that it was "fast.  Very fast."

It looks pretty cool but man I feel like I am watching paint dry on almost anything I do with it.

Are there some options I can disable to make it not be so slow?

Using a core I5 4440s Haswell processor and Win7 if that is of any help.

Hi

Any chance you could record a short video clip of Aztec running on your system so I can see what you are experiencing?

These are a few freeware applications you can use to record your Windows desktop while you use MBC and Aztec:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/camstudio/

http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

If you could post a link to the video (youtube is nice and easy) I'll take a look.

Thanks!

leedavies

As I said two posts above, I have a Haswell i5 4440s and it is painfully slow.  I tried square out today as well and noticed some lag as well but nothing close to the lag and freezing experienced with Aztec.  Totally unusable for me.

As with the couple of other folks who've seen Aztec running slowly, please could you explain what specifically is slow?  Is it moving between pages, scrolling, moving around the EHS etc???

Same for the freezing - what were you doing when it froze.  If in a collection, what view style were you using?

Thanks,

Lee

Lee I will kick this off,

As in the pm I sent,for me it is unusable.

1. Initial startup is good no problems there.

2. When navigating from menu items tv to movies etc. It takes forever and when the covers load they are out of aspect ratio,either squashed or tall.

3. When entering a category it loads fine but navigating in that collection is slow.

I can't make a video of it as now it is showing the trial period has expired.

pd veeps

Leedavies

Square is slow on the main screen scrolling between collections and the apps page. Example: I press the right key to go from tv shows to movies and it freezes for a second or two. It makes you think you might not have pressed the button, making you press it again then it skips to another category.

wraslor

My experiences have been a little different.  Overall Aztec moves pretty good for me I use mostly coverflow, It is not as fast as subdued but more than useable. i5 2600k, 8gb ram, gtx 660, 120gb ssd.

The only problem I seem to notice is on initial startup, it defaults to movies but doesn't show the covers, I have to move to another category eg. TV and then go back to get the covers to show up in the recently added section.

moviefan

As with the couple of other folks who've seen Aztec running slowly, please could you explain what specifically is slow?  Is it moving between pages, scrolling, moving around the EHS etc???

Same for the freezing - what were you doing when it froze.  If in a collection, what view style were you using?

Thanks,

Lee

Pretty much everything is slow for me...

- On the EHS when I move between collections it takes 2-5 seconds as I count out loud.

- Clicking on any of the collections takes between 2-10 seconds to actually open the collection.  Then it sits there populating the pictures for a while - sometimes for several minutes  My documentaries collection has 178 items in it and It is still loading the pictures even though I clicked on it when I started this post.  This is in poster view which is the most common view for me.

- Clicking back out of any collections to the EHS takes several seconds also.

- Scrolling in poster view is extremely laggy and even clicking one item over can 1-2 seconds sometimes

- Coverflow view isn't bad compared to everything else but still definitely slower than chocolate and harmony.

- I right now went into my new movies section which has movies with no CA treatment in coverflow view.  Then I clicked back to go to the EHS and it froze.  Had to restart MB.  Repeated this process again and it backed out okay.

I do really like the item view with the spinning disc.  Very cool.

I can try to do a video if you really think it would be helpful but I think I am going to stick with Chocolate for the time being since it seems to be the most stable and the fastest.

I have purchased Roc, Breeze and Crystal. Like the look of Crystal best, but it still locks up.

Trying Aztec now. If using licensed version, will the annoying spinning logo go away? Deal-breaker if visible.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When you say "slow on the main screen", please could you explain what particularly?

Is it the initial startup?  Moving left right on the collections bar?  Scrolling left/right on covers?  Moving up and down from collections bar to covers scroller?  etc

I mean when moving between categories - just hovering above to load the images of that category.

it takes forever sometimes,  sometimes the images never load.

leedavies

I mean when moving between categories - just hovering above to load the images of that category.

it takes forever sometimes,  sometimes the images never load.

Gotcha.  I've got a dev build that isn't quite ready for release yet as there are a few EHS scroller focus remembering and centering tweaks to make.  But I'll PM you a link to the new DLL so you can see how you find it performs for you.

Sound ok?

Gotcha.  I've got a dev build that isn't quite ready for release yet as there are a few EHS scroller focus remembering and centering tweaks to make.  But I'll PM you a link to the new DLL so you can see how you find it performs for you.

Sound ok?

Sounds good - left you a PM.

moviefan

Anyone using purchased/licensed version of Aztec:  Does the spinning "AZTEC" logo persist, or disappear and not return?

I purchased Aztec and didn't notice any spinning logo when I was using it.....

• Like 1

leedavies

Sounds good - left you a PM.

Thanks for your help testing and great feedback.  v1.0.1.2 is now live and should be feeling nice and slick even on lower performance systems..

leedavies

Anyone using purchased/licensed version of Aztec:  Does the spinning "AZTEC" logo persist, or disappear and not return?

Trial software often has a logo/watermark, some even limit what you can do.  Currently in Aztec, for a trial user, the logo stays on-screen, although I'm about to back this off a little so it disappears after a few seconds on each page for trial users.  So you get a little "go on....  buy me!" reminder when you change pages, but it doesn't ruin your enjoyment.

And... in v1.0.1.2 that just went live, registered users can now choose NEVER to see that spinning logo and version number.

I think that caters for everyone.

• Like 1

Good, Lee. Any way to alternate the pictures that show up in the vertically-scrolling thumbstrip mode? That view is so cool, I turned off backgrounds.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

moviefan

Trial software often has a logo/watermark, some even limit what you can do.  Currently in Aztec, for a trial user, the logo stays on-screen, although I'm about to back this off a little so it disappears after a few seconds on each page for trial users.  So you get a little "go on....  buy me!" reminder when you change pages, but it doesn't ruin your enjoyment.

And... in v1.0.1.2 that just went live, registered users can now choose NEVER to see that spinning logo and version number.

I think that caters for everyone.

Is 1.0.1.2 just for DEV?

I just was doing some additional Aztec testing on my desktop (instead of my HTPC) which has a core i7 and GTX 570 video card and still experienced much of the same slowness and freezing that I saw on my HTPC.

Just scrolling in coverflow view caused it to lock up and I had to kill WMC completely.

This is all with 1.0.0.2

One other point about using coverflow view with Aztec - on the EHS it looks really strange.  For the collections setup with poster views it shows all of the individual movies under added which is normal.

For my one collection that uses coverflow view it stacks all of the images up behind one another with some sort of weird shadowed effect.  

52f2ad879971c_aztec1.png

And for Movies by Genre it stretches all the covers out into a square shape for some reason.

52f2ade9bbf47_aztec2.png