Aztec Theme

psmc

Just got Aztec in and there are a few bugs (below) still but looks really nice inside.. not a fan of the EHS, Crystal is still the king there (for me) anyway

Things i've noticed @@leedavies

covers on EHS are fat  (i'm using 1024x768 3D ) here is the issue maybe ?

post-826-0-01081600-1390987273_thumb.jpg

Stand up Comedy folders art came up like this missing

post-826-0-94167400-1390987370_thumb.jpg

Clicking on TV folders made it lock-up with no sign of the tv items exit. Some shows were missing too and on the ehs covers & thumbs were mixed post-826-0-81161100-1390987566_thumb.jpg

more as i get them ...no other issues seen yet W8.1 x64 / R7850 / 

Edited by psmc

ON tv Series/Seasons ehs tab, clicking ehs covers (eg Random tv series folder That 70's here) brings up the series (shown below) but they're missing, locked and slanted when it should show 8 seasons. no error sounds, popups52e8cb5159e71_c1.jpg

leedavies

ON tv Series/Seasons ehs tab, clicking ehs covers (eg Random tv series folder That 70's here) brings up the series (shown below) but they're missing, locked and slanted when it should show 8 seasons. no error sounds, popups52e8cb5159e71_c1.jpg

Switch to the default or chocolate theme and try the same.  You should see the same behaviour.

Clicking an item from the the EHS scroller will take you to the recently added/watched/unwatched items selected by the EHS - it will not take you into the whole of that TV show.

Clicking the TV tab at the bottom of the EHS will take you into your whole TV section.  The EHS scroller is a shortcut to specific items - it doesn't give you access to your whole collection.

• Like 1

In choc (Using Poster too) it locks up as with Aztec (on the pic) there the covers are all pressed back and the play FF REW buttons at the bottom locked out Closing WMC only option to get out.52e8df200f03e_capp.jpg

leedavies

In choc (Using Poster too) it locks up as with Aztec (on the pic) there the covers are all pressed back and the play FF REW buttons at the bottom locked out Closing WMC only option to get out.52e8df200f03e_capp.jpg

Sounds like it's an MBC issue and not a theme issue if Chocolate does the same.

@@ebr any thoughts?

There are no log files or errors @@ebr just wont populate the contents in Poster view if you press back 2-3 times MBC will back out to media center 52e9362e8d7c9_tesst.jpg

There has to be a log.  Make sure you have logging enabled in MBC, reproduce the issue and post the log file.  Thanks.

The error seems related to the screen resolution as on a 1080p screen (see pic) the items show up (i'm using 4 screens @ 1024x768 1x3D usually) 52e9501307e47_Capture.jpg

Reduce the size of your covers and see if that makes a difference.  WMC will simply not display something if it won't fit within the defined area.  Stuff like this can definitely happen with odd aspect ratios or screen sizes.

But, pretty much nothing is optimized (or tested) for 4:3 displays anymore.

Downloaded this theme and it looks great.

I have a couple questions and have noticed a few problems

I usually run ascendency - quite like it

In no particular order:

I have one movie group "Classics"

when you select but not click to enter category  - coverflow selected - aspect rations look good with EBR coverflow

The high lighted movie is front and centre - but a box to the right pops up with a different movie title and rating & category?

another category - concerts - only 2 items

the one highlighted - shows the pop up info correct

trailers again highlighted - doesn't match info box

Movies category - images are out of proportion ? No info Box ?

also what does the "eye" mean in the bottom right on some titles ?

If I select the movie - the image is the right ratio

If you select the movie category and go into it   = No movies displayed..  1/0

In Ascendency there are hundreds

So far I like what I am seeing and will purchase

How to get backcover images - automatically ?

And great - After I provide all this info - I see there is an upgrade to aztec...1.0.0.2

most things fixed -

except tv episode images are squished to fit into the space of a movie poster

seems slow to load images objects on initial screen

Edited by hd4fun

Cheesegeezer

@@hd4fun This topic has now been moved to the Plugin General Help Thread and merged with an existing Topic.

You'll probably get more response here

Cheers

Edited by Cheesegeezer

Question?

For newly added movies - If you select the movie and it is now the focus, what is the expected behavior of the previous/next button?

1) is it to move to the next/previous newly added movie

2) move next/previous - of all movies not newly added (current behavior)

and you can't get back to your original movie selection

PS- slowness I was mentioning was do to background animation - I turned it off - much more responsive

Aztec logo spinning is where it was really evident

Edited by hd4fun

Aztec is now crashing MBC

I selected a movie - up came details - I leave it for 5-10 munutes

Try to go and select the WMC back - nothing happens

eventually MBC unloads back to WMC

leedavies

Aztec is now crashing MBC

I selected a movie - up came details - I leave it for 5-10 munutes

Try to go and select the WMC back - nothing happens

eventually MBC unloads back to WMC

Switch to the classic theme or Chocolate. Does the same happen?

It's only happened twice - both times by selecting a movie from recently added.

then moving next / previous - which is not next previous of added 

you can't get back to the movie you were on

select WMC back - wait - wait - WMB unloads

Second time - same procedure - quite a while later 

I left it for a time as on a laptop browsing these and other forums

Other times I tried the same procedure - appears fine - it went back

the whole time I did not unload WMC - even when MBC crashed - just restarted MBC

I use ascendency - and don't have problems

just trying to help pinpoint bugs

Another weird one  -from main window of recently added - select a movie

move prev/next - land on a boxset - click boxset - a movie starts to play instead of opening up a screen with the movies in boxset

however

if you click on movies to open all movies - find same boxset

click on boxset - opens screen with movies in boxset - and any movie can be clicked 

so again this has to do with the sequence of movies - related to recently added

hope this helps  - quiting for tonight

A few other observations:

I tried to install Breeze - and use breeze for a bit - it locked up solid as well.

So I looked at my plugins - got rid of supremecy, and breeze

Still didn't reboot the machine, just unloaded WMC

still slow compared to acendency, aztec spining logo is unsmooth/jumps   - main screen (not all the time)

enter a collection - the spinning logo is fine

move back to main screen - spinning is fine

hover over another collection - trailers - 87 listed - covers appear - aztec spinning logo is fine

hover over movies collection - 875 listed - covers do not appear - aztec is fine

click on movies - go into movie collection fine - scroll back and forth with coverflow fine

go back to main screen - hover over movies - no movies shown

Edited by hd4fun

moviefan

Aztec is soooooooooooooooooooooooo sloooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I purchased this one because I read in the description that it was "fast.  Very fast."

It looks pretty cool but man I feel like I am watching paint dry on almost anything I do with it.

Are there some options I can disable to make it not be so slow?

Using a core I5 4440s Haswell processor and Win7 if that is of any help.

I found this error tonight too in aztec @@leedavies but i think i know how. Everything worked in Aztec until i tried to change the skin from Dark To "Light" in the theme options and straight away got errors & removed the theme and tried it again and reproduced the error dark skin = fine; Light = error  on W8.1 x64 52ed4e41e278e_errorpoint.jpgException Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.HostLoadException: Error while attemping to load: 'resx://Aztec/Aztec.Resources/Page#PageAztec'. Details: resx://Aztec/Aztec.Resources/PageDetailArea(352): Library 'Color' does not contain a resource called "s:Aztec_Counter_Unwatched". resx://Aztec/Aztec.Resources/Page: Unable to load 'resx://Aztec/Aztec.Resources/PageDetailArea'. at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Host.OnPreInitialize() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.NewUiZone.DeliverInitializations() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.NewUiZone.ImplementUiTask(UiTask task, Object param) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UiZone.ProcessUiTask(UiTask task, Object param) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UiSession.ProcessInitialization() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Queues.Dispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UIDispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue, LoopCondition condition) at MediaCenter.Extensibility.Host.Main(String[] args) 

pd veeps

The theme looks great. Has anyone with a slower htpc like an a6-3500 tried this theme? I installed square last week and it seems to lag a bit when flipping between collections on the home page. I paid for square and like the look but the slowness on my machine gets annoying.