un-played filter/sort

thefarmer

thefarmer

Hi,

apologies if this has been asked previously.

I have messing around with the android client recently to see how it works with my tv collection.  I noticed that when i apply the un-play filter/sort it still includes tv shows where I have no episodes/video files available.

I get the impression that this filter works by the mere presence of a folder structure being in place for a TV show/film and then it looks through it's database of watched shows and thinks  'hang on...he's got this show here and we have no record of him watching it...therefore lets make it un-played'  and not on what actual video files are present within it?  Although I don't really like comparing this to Plex, but with that app, it doesn't show up as it can tell that there aren't any videos to look at and therefore makes the decision not to flag it up , because there isn't anything there to watch anyway.

Am i missing something, or doing something wrong here?

thnx.

Redshirt

It's not just Android that's affected by that. I'm hopeful the server will be updated to not return empty folders in it's query responses. It would save all the clients having to implement logic to accomplish the same thing.