Music controls.....

doonze

So, last time I had added my music library it caused issues with my libraries, so I removed it. I figured there's been lots of updates the last two years, so I added it again. 

Everything works!! But wasn't conducive to how I listen to music. And the Roku app is only useful for listening to a single song really. Luke is addressing my suggestions over in the main interface, but I found the Roku app is even harder for me to use. Mainly what I'm seeking is a quick and easy way to add songs to a queue. In the current app all I can figure out how to do is add an entire album, or play a single song.... one at a time. And if I back out to go look for my next song, the current song stops playing!!!

The way I listen to my music is I scroll through my music, picking songs here and there I'm in the mood for. Building a playlist dynamically as I go. Currently I have to wait for a song to end, then go back to my music list, pick another song.... rinse repeat. If anyone knows a way to get the roku app to behave differently let me know. 

If not, then I have a feature request to have a easy and simple way to add something to a "now playing" queue. 

• 2 weeks later...

So erb posted today:

1.19 is up.  Some of the items included in this release:

• A more consistent look across all the screens of the app
  • The ability to browse around in the app while music is playing and return to the music player
  • The ability to add music items to an already existing queue
  • Fixes to the connection and sign out logic
  • Latest series now on home screen
  • Fix Roku screen saver stopping audio playback
  • Hopefully fix login problems on some Roku TVs

I think I love you erb  :wub:  ;)  and to the rest of the dev team!!!! 

Have I told you how much you guys rock!?!?!!?!! I've been a lifetime supporter since I first got the app, that's how much I loved what you were doing.... and you have never given me a reason to regret it!!!

I know you didn't add this just because I asked about it (it was already in the works) but it's funny you rolled it out just days after I asked! 

Hats off to you and Luke, and the rest of the dev team (that I don't know...) LOL

EDIT: btw, I just DL'd the beta, now if I can just find that tiny remote.... where the heck did the kids put that thing!!!

Edited by doonze
  • Like 1