Tool to create a background of movie posters from library?

JoshFink

JoshFink

At one time, maybe a long time ago, I could have sworn there was a tool that would scan your library and make a background image out of movie posters. 

Is anyone familiar with what I'm talking about and maybe have a link to it?

Thanks

Josh

• Like 1

Rumbaar

I see my music folder has this function, how do I also force this on my TV and Movie folders?

JoshFink

I don't have an answer to your question but I'm more looking for the tool to produce the external file and not really something dynamic whenever you go in. 

JoshFink

this what you remember

on the server go to plugins,display plugins for emby classic, then cover screensaver? 

Thanks.. Does that actually create a png or jpg or does it just do it dynamically? 

Thanks.. Does that actually create a png or jpg or does it just do it dynamically? 

i believe it just creates it dynamically for mediabrowser background.   Havent used it in years

That is actually a screen saver, not a background.  It dynamically fills the screen with random covers and then switches them out.  

I vaguely remember people creating backgrounds that were curved walls of posters but I'm not sure if there was ever a tool that did it.

JoshFink

That is actually a screen saver, not a background.  It dynamically fills the screen with random covers and then switches them out.  

I vaguely remember people creating backgrounds that were curved walls of posters but I'm not sure if there was ever a tool that did it.

Thanks for all the replies. Now that you mention it. It was the curved walls. I know it's here somewhere but I just can't seem to find it. I'll keep looking. I'm sure I'm the only one who wants it right about now... :-) 

PurposelyCryptic

At one time, maybe a long time ago, I could have sworn there was a tool that would scan your library and make a background image out of movie posters. 

Is anyone familiar with what I'm talking about and maybe have a link to it?

Thanks

Josh

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you were looking for, but for creating static collages like that, Google Picasa worked great for me - they stopped supporting it a little while back, but offline functions like this still work fine (You can get it off of oldversion.com here). I used it to create my category thumbs (Using backdrops rather than folder images, but that was just my preference):

5877c2802034b_TVBackdrops.jpg

5877c2bd2cca1_MovieBackdropsweb.jpg

5877c3075001e_Collectionsweb.jpg

5877c332de8d8_AnimeBackdropsweb.jpg

The "Stack of Photos" look was just my preference as well.

Here are a couple quick examples using folder images:

5877c7ce83a7a_TVFolderImages.jpg

5877c7f6f2282_Collages4.jpg

5877c82a2f68a_MovieFolderImages.jpg

5877c84add72f_Collages5.jpg

5877c8711ba15_AnimeFolderImages1.jpg

5877c8b77188c_AnimeFolderImages.jpg

5877c9e2e10d4_AnimeFolderImages2.jpg

5877ca44db851_Collages6.jpg

It's not perfect, and a far cry from anything you actually put together by hand, but on the flip side, all you really have to do is push a button - perfect for something like the last two, which are made up of close to a thousand images. 

Hope this is somewhat close to what you were looking for, and if not, good hunting!

• Like 2

PurposelyCryptic

Looks like Where's Waldo.

Just for you, Luke, here's an alternate version, made up of 916 anime series folder images, and 1 Waldo.

5877dc8cba526_AnimeFolderImages4.jpg

• Like 1

PurposelyCryptic

lol my eyes hurt

It's ~26k episode thumbs (+ 1 Waldo) lol

The result of being home sick with nothing better to do...