Synology Install Issues

scotttobin

scotttobin

Hi All,

After ongoing issues with Emby on my computer I decided to finally install on my Synology  DS214se. Install went just fine but I have not been able to get this working properly.  Here are my issues:

1. It seems every time I log into Emby i am getting a page not found. After some poking around I find in the Package Center that Emby has stopped. I didn't stop and this is the second time I have noticed this. 
  2. While I can see the movies on my TV from the server, they won't play. They start to load and just sit there.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Scott

That's the ffmpeg log, which is good. Can  you please also attach the complete emby server log? thanks.

scotttobin

ok i'm not a SSH person and have only used once or twice so not sure i am doing it right. See attached screenshot.  When i did i got an error saying Server unexpectedly closed network connection. 

post-121640-0-05913900-1483990154_thumb.png

solabc16

Hi @@scotttobin

The default SSH port is 22.

To check you have SSH enabled on your system, in the DSM interface go to Control Panel -> Terminal & SNMP

Best

- James

scotttobin

ok got a little further:

login as: scotttobin
scotttobin@192.168.86.244's password:
scotttobin@SynCloud:~$ cd /var/packages/EmbyServer/scripts/utilities'
> 'sudo ./rundiags
-sh: cd: /var/packages/EmbyServer/scripts/utilities
sudo: No such file or directory
scotttobin@SynCloud:~$

now what?

solabc16

Hello @@scotttobin

It looks like you have a trailing/leading apostrophes.

You can use the screenshots on the Wiki article as a reference for how the syntax should look.

Best

- James

scotttobin
Upload completed successfully, please include this filename with your ticket...

sendlogs_SynCloud_synology_armada370_214se_20170109T234930UTC.tgz     

solabc16

Hello @scotttobin

The crash you are experiencing is the result of a SIGILL (Illegal Instruction) being generated in the Mono runtime's native code.

This is the first report we've had with this specific issue on the Armada370 based h/w.

However, one thing I can see in your logs, is a continual stream of DLNA requests. (e.g. 10,000 requests in a 12 hour period)

I have seen this cause problems before on lower spec hardware.

The requests and responses are both originating from 192.168.86.244, so I'm guessing you have Synology's media packages installed as well?

Initial suggestion, is if you are not using DLNA for playback via Emby Server, go to Manage Server - > Extras -> DLNA and disable 'Enable DLNA Play To' and 'Enable DLNA server', save the changes and restart Emby Server.

Best

- James

scotttobin

hey guys. just thought I'd check in here as I am still unable to get Emby to work since i switched to the server version on Synology.