Guide Sync with NextPVR/KOD

DParsons
Go to solution Solved by sub3,

DParsons

I have just posted the logs to the most recent guide sync issues I've been having along with the logs that were created earlier this morning, hopefully showing some reason why this keeps happening because it most likely functioned normally until then. The issue is one I've posted several times about before and it seemed like it had gone away. What happens is the guide will sometimes not work as far as being able to schedule recordings or show the recording icon on a program that is showing in the schedule, just not on the guide. At these same times all of the artwork for the livetv module does not show either. At some random point it usually will work again, I'm guessing after a scheduled event happens and it is reset. I've just found that I can manually sync my guide and fix this immediately. Everything works fine after the sync so something must be repeatedly happening to mess up the guide sync.

I realized this was the problem shortly after going through the same issue with the KODI v17 guide and that was the suggestion that fixed the problem there, to sync the guide and that made me think of this situation and this looks like the same issue only between emby and nextpvr.

embylog8-1-17.7z

Hi, I don't see any guide related problems in these logs. What I would suggest doing is going into the server dashboard -> scheduled tasks. Then adjust the schedule of the Refresh Guide task to something that is suitable for your usage pattern. Once a day is fine. Let us know if this helps. Thanks !

• Like 1

Schedule it to happen in Kodi some time after it happens in NextPVR.  ie, if NextPVR updates the EPG at 3:00am, have Emby refresh the guide at 3:30am.

• Like 1

DParsons

I'll have to check into scheduling it to happen in KODI. As far as I know it's automatic with KODI and it imports the guide ever time it opens, so that may be it syncing right there. Emby's default says it syncs every 12hr and that seems like what was happening to make it start to work every day, so hopefully setting a time to sync, like I've done with Emby now, will sort it out. I will check on KODI to see if I can manually set a sync schedule and also do what you've suggested. It's not a recurring problem with KODI and I think it was just a result of upgrading to the beta version, it's been fine ever since it's just Emby that is a recurring issue. I'll post if it works here but it will take a few days to test.

Edited by DParsons

• Solution

Sorry meant to say "Schedule it to happen in EMBY some time after it happens in NextPVR.  ie, if NextPVR updates the EPG at 3:00am, have Emby refresh the guide at 3:30am."

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
emveepee

How does this work if the user shuts down Emby and misses the scheduled time? I saw this in logs on startup

2017-03-05 19:10:16.0593 Info TaskManager: Daily trigger for Refresh Guide set to fire at 3/6/2017 3:30:00 AM, which is 499.73234457 minutes from now.

Martin

Edited by emveepee

@@emveepee, for a daily trigger, it will only run at 3:30am. If you use an interval trigger and set it to every 24 hours, then it will run at startup if the interval is missed.

The default behavior is an interval trigger so i would suggest trusting the defaults. Let us know if this helps. Thanks !