Emby for Kodi Severe Buffering -Please Help

4ahobbs

4ahobbs

Hi All,

Since 2010, I had WMC running on Windows 7 PC and old MediaSmart x280n extenders.  I have switched over to Emby backend and  Kodi Jarvis 16.1 frontend and am currently an Emby Premier subscriber.  I have a Beelink GT1 DDR3 2G Android Box connected to my network by Ethernet, the Emby backend is running on Windows 7 PC.  Initially, I downloaded the Emby app from Google Play and ran that as a front end.  It streamed the live TV and PVR recordings perfectly—no buffering at all.

I then installed the Kodi add-on as per instructions in the kodi.wiki Add-on: Emby.  I installed the Stable Version.  The Emby Kodi add-on then suffered severe (constant) buffering (but no stuttering) while watching live TV.  The Live TV PVR recordings, however, streamed perfectly. 

I then created and edited the advancedsettings.xml file and added the following settings:

curllowspeedtime: 300

cachemembuffersize: 262144000

buffermode (1)

realbufferfactor (80)

minvideocachelevel (60)

Nothing changed, the Kodi add-on for Emby still constantly buffered.

I also downloaded and installed the Emby-Kodi add-on (beta) and there was no change, the live TV streams constantly buffered.

Can you please help me troubleshoot this?  I have exhausted all that I know to do. 

Thanks!

Vidman

Pretty sure live tv support in the kodi addon is still classed as very experimental. You will be better served to use the appropriate kodi live tv addon for live tv

Edited by Vidman

4ahobbs

Hi Vidman,

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Could you please tell me what "appropriate" kodi live addon for livetv to use?

I am still finding my way around Kodi and Emby, so I was not aware how experimental this add-on was. I wanted to try Emby with Kodi because I found, much to my surprise, that I could not view shows while they were being recorded by Emby back end and viewed by the Emby Android TV front end.  Just fo experiment, I found I could view the beginning of a live show, while recording it if I loaded the NextPVR plug-in to Emby, run the NextPVR and Emby backends and view it in Kodi using the NextPVR add-on.  Sounds crazy, right?

When I do that, there is no buffering (I'm doing it now).  I could also play live TV with that arrangement without buffering.  I don't know why, but there it is.