Metadata for Extras

Netbug
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

(I was sure I saw this asked before... possibly by me... but can't seem to find the thread).

I know how the folder structure for extras in movies works, but what is the naming convention and is there a way to retrieve meta data for extras? What's the source?

Thanks.

There is no required naming convention other than being in the specials folder (i will also have it recognize the xbmc convention extras), and there is no external metadata source.

• Like 1

So is there any way to label the extras? So when browsing, I can see like "Making of ***", "Interview with Director", etc.? Will it just be whatever the filename is?

They will still have entries available for you to edit in the dashboard metadata editor, they just won't get metadata pulled from external sources like IMDB.  You can name them whatever you want to.

• Like 1

• Solution

Actually right now movie specials don't show up in the editor. For now they just go by the file name, though this can be improved later.

• Like 1

Ahh, my mistake, I was thinking about TV specials and non-externally sourced movie metadata like that of more obscure movies.  Sorry about the misinformation!