Emby generating artist.nfo on "\Emby-Server\metadata\artists" instead of artist folder and not fetching artist bio

onewaytrigger

onewaytrigger

I've been using Emby for a while and it never happened before. Every new artist added to my library gets it's artist.nfo created on "\Emby-Server\metadata\artists\" instead of it's own folder, like it was so far. Exemple:

AZNQ4ls.png

This is happening only with artist.nfo. The album.nfo files are generated inside each album folder. The 'Save artwork and metadata into media folders' setting is ticked.

On top of that no artist bio are getting fetched, even though the the MB ID is correct.

Any sugestions?

Edited by onewaytrigger

Happy2Play

Well that is the new norm to resolve some naming issues. 

what does no bio being fetched mean?  not in nfo or not in ui

onewaytrigger

Well that is the new norm to resolve some naming issues. 

what does no bio being fetched mean?  not in nfo or not in ui

So there's no way of artist.nfo get generated in media folder anymore? I'm aware it caused some trouble if artist name was slightly different from MB artist name (or artist name stored on tag), then Emby used to create another folder with name as closest as possible under "Emby-Server\metadata\artists"...

About bio, I mean biography info, it seems Emby isn't getting any on artist.nfo and as result on UI.

Edited by onewaytrigger

Happy2Play

Correct you could manually move them from metadata to music if you wish but all new music will only write artists to metadata\artists.

@@Luke

I see the bios no being populated.  It appears you have to "Refresh" the Artist to get a bio now.

onewaytrigger

I moved 3 folders from 'metadata\artist' back to my Music folder. Then I performed a library scan. That seemed to work since the artworks paths (on Music folder) was populated into the artist.nfo *BUT* the refresh to get bio info populated doesn't work at all, not only bio, but other info like website too. I set Emby to look for English US metadata.

I tried to refresh previously added artist but the result is the same. I tried the 'Identify' thing but it only fetches the MusicBrainz ID and nothing else.

I have another 3 newly added artist that doesn't have any artist.nfo on 'metadata\artist' or in my Music folder either, thought their albums ahve album.nfo.

Thank God I doesn't have to add new artists that often because if I had it would be a massive work :)

Edited by onewaytrigger

Indeed there might be an issue with new artist metadata. We're looking into it for the next release of Emby Server, thanks for the report.

• Like 1