Trailers Plugin - Display Relevant Dates for various Views (eg, Date Coming to Theaters, or to Netflix)

funwithmedia

funwithmedia

Another idea/request for the nifty Trailers Plugin. :) This one's probably a bit more involved (potentially a lot more involved).

It would be really useful if each of the three views (New and Upcoming in Theaters, New and Upcoming on DVD/Blu-ray, New and Upcoming on Netflix) would default to displaying trailers by whatever the most relevant date is for that view (eg, movie release date, DVD/Blu-ray release date, date coming to Netflix). And it would be even more useful if that information could be displayed on the detail screen somehow, and also perhaps have some visual date markers in the horizontal scrolling view within Emby Theater (Windows Desktop). The visual date markers in the horizontal scrolling view could be as simple as a vertical dividing line separating months (and a text indicator of which month was on which side of the line).

I am guessing that the biggest challenge with the above would be getting access (in a programmatic way) to the necessary date information. But, I figure it doesn't hurt to put the idea out there. :)

Thanks for considering my request!

Happy2Play

Yah, default should be "Release Date" "Descending".

funwithmedia

I get confused with Ascending/Descending regarding dates (and maybe there's inconsistency in how folks use the terms): Are you thinking that the items displayed first (ie, closest to the Left in the horizontal layout) would the dates closest to the present, and then dates going further to the Right would be later? That is how I was thinking of it. If I want to look at trailers I'm probably in part thinking about what is coming up soon, and then might continue scrolling to see what is coming up later.

I guess with this sort of layout it might be nice to have an option to configure how many months into the past to include. For example, maybe I want to have the past 2 months included, plus the present and future. That way if I haven't checked Trailers in a while I might still notice some that interest me. It might be nice with this arrangement to have the horizontal display load at the present date, with older items going to the left offscreen, and the upcoming to the right.

Happy2Play

Yep, newest to oldest.  Where right now the default is A to Z (Name-Ascending).

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
pir8radio

So, I came here to request the same thing..  A-Z is silly, people go to these things to see whats coming out soon, or what will be available on dvd soon..  They are generally not looking for a specific alphabetical item.  For the most part, today, if I open New in theaters, the top line is from 2013 and 2014??  Whats new about that.. lol  Yes please default all trailers views to RELEASE DATE and DESCENDING  pretty please?  :)

Edited by pir8radio
  • Like 1