Negative audio delay not working?

serpi
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hi,

I've seen, that you can add an audio delay in the directshowplayer.xml file.

This seems to work, as long, as it is an positive value.

But I would need an negative value, so I put -200 into it, but this doesn't seem to work, it's the same as if it was zero.

I tried higher values (-700) and this also had no effect, but positive values do work.

How can I make this work?

Thanks & Ciao,

Alfred

If the setting is not exposed in the Theater UI then that means we haven't really tested it enough at this point.

If the setting is not exposed in the Theater UI then that means we haven't really tested it enough at this point.

Hi Luke,

thanks and I fully understand this, but as I need that for one of my TVs, I hope it will be fixed soon  :D

Positive values are fully working, tested on different systems, but negative is absolutely not used (same as delay = 0).

Hopefully an easy fix  ;)

Thanks & Ciao,

Alfred

• 3 months later...
serpi

Hi Luke,

thanks and I fully understand this, but as I need that for one of my TVs, I hope it will be fixed soon  :D

Positive values are fully working, tested on different systems, but negative is absolutely not used (same as delay = 0).

Hopefully an easy fix  ;)

Thanks & Ciao,

Alfred

In the meantime, I had a look at the old (legacy) version of Emby Theater (which seems not to be available anymore?).

There were much more options for audio settings and the audio delay was configurable in the interface.

I tried entering a negative value and it worked as expected.

So something has changed in the new version of ET, so that negative offsets do not work anymore.

As positive offset values work, it can't be that hard to get negative values also working (again)?

Thanks & Ciao,

Alfred

• Solution

The app will soon be getting a brand new video player so we'll need to start this conversation over from the beginning. I would suggest trying it out here:

/index.php?/topic/46763-theater-mpv-test/page-1#

Thanks !

• Like 1