Mounting iso

pirsquared

Disorganise

sure can. I just tested it. iirc you have to set the mounter program in the configuration applet

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Forum Fiend v1.1.7.

• Like 1

I'm afraid we'll need a whole lot more information than that to be able to help.  Please see: How to report a problem

Also, there are few different ways to handle ISOs.  You can have MB mount them and then let the autoplay functionality of windows take over to kick off playback or not.  You have to configure this properly in both Windows and the MB configurator.

pirsquared

I am using Media Browser Classic. I have configured the mounting of iso files with Virtual Clone Drive (VCDMount.exe) through the Media Browser Configurator. It mounts the iso with no problem, but when I am done watching the iso, it goes back to the WMC movies screen and asks if I want to eject or play. I eject, hit the back button and am taken back to Media Browser at that point. From there it does not always respond to my next keystroke.

I'm going to have to ask someone who uses ISOs to try and help.  I have none as it is a very cumbersome format.

A MBC log whenever that happens may be interesting but I'm not sure we are what is having an issue here.  There are a lot of other moving parts involved in that setup.

trusselo

umm... is WMC/MB the active window? try clicking somewhere in WMC/MB, then your keystrokes.

Edited by trusselo
  • Like 1

Ryan Ockwig

Is the iso on a network drive or directly connected to the computer? I had this exact issue when the iso was on a network drive.

Sent from my LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

Disorganise

I guess now I wish I hadn't said anything....

So I based my 'yes it can' on a quick test of an ISO bluray - which plays fine but when you hit stop, WMC crashes and restarts.  Not MB's fault cos it happened before.

But I just tested with a DVD ISO - on the media PC I get the apparent choice to play via total media theatre or WMC but it disappears before allowing me to select anything.  On a remote PC with no TMT installed, the choice screen does not appear obviously.  Both are configured with Virtual Clone Drive.  And both start with about 2 minutes of 'buffering' which is basically unusable.

However, to the OP's issue - when hitting stop I go straight back to MB, not WMC

• 8 months later...

I am using Media Browser Classic. I have configured the mounting of iso files with Virtual Clone Drive (VCDMount.exe) through the Media Browser Configurator. It mounts the iso with no problem, but when I am done watching the iso, it goes back to the WMC movies screen and asks if I want to eject or play. I eject, hit the back button and am taken back to Media Browser at that point. From there it does not always respond to my next keystroke.

I have the same setup also the exact same problems plus if you try task manager to end proggyl it goes to a black screen and I have no option but to reboot

Has anyone resolved this problem

Is there another software that once you press stop it auto unmounts rather than windows media centre  asking to eject...im using win7

Edited by jrebbs

• 1 month later...
datdarndot

The solution is simple. I can't believe finding the answer is so elusive. This is how it works for me. I have PowerDVD 11 and Virtual Clone Drive on a Win 7 machine. WMC 7 is installed, but it doesn't figure into this.

For a beginner, the first problem is finding the "settings" menu. With MBT open, there is a small icon of three stacked, horizontal bars and a little man icon just to the left of the reported time in the upper right corner of the window. Left-click on this to open "Settings". It is very hard to find any mention of this in any of the dozens of posts I've read. Apparently it's considered intuitively obvious. It's not.

I'm now going to cut to the chase, because there are hundreds of discussions of what to do assuming you've found your way to the settings and selected "External Players". The secret is to fill in the "Media Player Path" with the path to your Virtual Clone Drive program, e.g. (C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDmount.exe) — NOT WITH THE PATH TO YOUR MEDIA PLAYER (such as PDVD or TMT)! No Command Line Arguments are necessary. Mine shows just the default — {PATH}. 

Here's what happens. You click "play" and MBT automatically launches VCDMount, which mounts the ISO file (of the movie you've selected) to your virtual drive. What follows is just a matter of having configured Windows Autoplay function to take a specific action when it detects that a particular kind of media disc has been "inserted". In other words, instead of allowing Windows to always ask what you want to do with the media just inserted, you set up a default action. In my case, whenever a "virtual" Bluray disc is mounted in any drive (including my virtual J:\ drive), Windows knows to launch PowerDVD 11 and play the "disc".

There is nothing complicated, no registry hacks, no exotic sharing or UNC to be concerned with. If you know how to set Windows to take a default action when it detects a disc-insertion, you've got it nailed - assuming you have Virtual Clone Drive (free) installed.

Edited by datdarndot

This is the MBC forum and MBC has a setting to use Windows AutoPlay automatically.  You just check the check box.