Skip to time or fast forward?

Jadel
Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

AndyXH

First want to say Happy New Year to everyone. Wish you all the best. and my second question any progress on this ? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
SkippyJohn
2 hours ago, andreaxheli said:

HI @Luke any update on this ? 

Have you noticed the "chapters" option while watching a recorded video file? It gives you the ability to move to any 5 minute block in the video. While not a true fast forward, I gives me the capability I was looking for.

Painkiller8818
48 minutes ago, SkippyJohn said:

Have you noticed the "chapters" option while watching a recorded video file? It gives you the ability to move to any 5 minute block in the video. While not a true fast forward, I gives me the capability I was looking for.

sure but it is not a solution for a real fast forward. It is a workaround till it will be implemented and we still wanna have it implemented.

@skippyjohn

thanks i do see that it better then 5 to 30 sec forward but they really need to fix this it makes the tv experience really bad. its a pain 

Hi, improvements are coming to the next update to the Emby Samsung app. The seek bar will be able to receive focus and you'll be able to use left and right on it to seek quickly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, andreaxheli said:

@Luke thats amazing! Thank you so so much. Will there be a beta app so we can install it via usb ? 

The monthly update is due soon so you'll have that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
AndyXH

@Luke Just wanted to give some feedback on this i did try it out on  "1.2.4 Improve visual seeking support in video OSD" it much better but i think it still needs some improvements. Its not very smooth when trying to fast forward or playback. Please see attached video oh now Plex dose it on Samsung tv. 

FrostByte

I was hoping they could implement the bif preview thumbnails like the other clients and what's shown in Luke's pic above.   That might make it smoother rather than changing the whole video

SamES
2 hours ago, andreaxheli said:

@Luke Just wanted to give some feedback on this i did try it out on  "1.2.4 Improve visual seeking support in video OSD" it much better but i think it still needs some improvements. Its not very smooth when trying to fast forward or playback. Please see attached video oh now Plex dose it on Samsung tv. 

22-03-13 14-06-36 7255.mov 37.04 MB · 2 downloads  

This is still a work in progress.

It needs this change to make it work well on Samsung TV and other platforms

• Like 1

Painkiller8818

Its also not smooth on mine tizen 2019 and i also don't have the image preview like luke presented a few posts before.

• Like 1

FrostByte

The image previews are working for me app v 1.2.5.  Just like in Luke's pic from above.  Q8FN 2018

SamES
6 hours ago, andreaxheli said:

You're Welcome! Yes, the image previews are still missing but im sure that's for to near future :)  

Are they missing completely, or are they only intermittent?  Is there at least a black placeholder for them?

Make sure this setting in your library isn't set to Never

image.thumb.png.986ef8046d5ad4327325e12809f8de82.png

AndyXH

I didn’t have that turned on. I tired it on its doing a scan now. I’m guessing it’s going to take a few days have a lot of data . Thank you for the recommendation 

Edited by andreaxheli