Skip to time or fast forward?

Jadel
Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

Is there a way to jump to a time or fast forward somehow?

This is particularly troublesome with long sports shows or movies where getting to the 2 hour mark or something would require 240 30 second skips.

It becomes even worse since the app often loses the plt when skipping and goes back to the same time constantly, requiring me to exit playback and resume.

I cant see how to do it properly if there is a way.

2016 Samsung Tizen.

Any ideas?

• Like 1

Hi.  There should be a "Scenes" list that you can use to start at a particular point.  It may be defaulted off so check the options.

Hi.  There should be a "Scenes" list that you can use to start at a particular point.  It may be defaulted off so check the options.

Good day Ebr,

They are no option for that at the Tizen app, it simply pull what you have, if the library have the enable option for that and the task been run for it, then he will see these Scenes.

I agree with Ebr here, the fast forward by the remote not that good, best to use the Scenes.

I am sure more update to the app will fixed these issue in future build.

My best

• Solution
FrostByte

The option isn't in the Tizen app like the others.  You have to make sure you "Enable chapter image extraction" in the dashboard for your library and then run the chapter extraction task like Abo mentioned

• Like 1

Thanks,

You are the first person to mention Chapter Image Extraction though.

Its not really that useful for sports I dont think, watch and discard is the general procedure. Not really that handy to have to run an image extraction routine overnight for that.

Might be quite cool for movies though ill give it a try.

Hopefully they will add some better skip/seek features in the future.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Agree.  

Hopefully a chapter selection menu in the OSD during playback like the old Orsay app had is in the works also.  That way you wouldn't have to clutter up the details screen with a bunch of chapter images and you wouldn't have to Stop, click Return to details and select a chapter to skip forward to. 

Edited by FrostByte

• 2 weeks later...
zigzagtshirt

Being able to "dial" in the time to fast forward/rewind to (or something similar) would be incredibly wonderful.  Often too many fast forward/rewind presses causes the app to crash, or it causes the spinning circle to remain on the screen until app restart even though everything has loaded (maybe a bug that can be fixed?).  Also, even with chapters enabled, sometimes the chapters are spaced too far apart for it to be convenient.

Alternatively, being able to seek to the desired time with the forward/rewind buttons before having anything reload/refresh might be a lot smoother (i.e., click button 3 times to fast forward 90 seconds THEN hit enter to tell it to move to that selected time).

Edited by tsherran
  • Agree 1

• 1 year later...
Deihmos

The app really needs a jump option. Can be done by pressing up and down. Press up to jump 5 or 10 minutes. Is it possible to add this?

Edited by Deihmos
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 5 months later...
CloseTurkey

Following.

Would be fantastic if we got an increased fast forward or jump. The better half frequently won’t watch something if we are already part way through and have to continually press fast forward to get back to where we was.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 years later...

I agree. Due to its inability to fast forward/rewind, I find myself using the Samsung Smart TV’s native app to view media files on my NAS. Emby shows up as an input source on my TV and although it doesn’t have the fancy interface like Emby, I can simply choose a file to play, fast forward, rewind, or just move to any point by using right or left buttons on my remote. It would be amazing if the Emby app on Samsung Smart TV (Tizen) can do this.

Right Arrow on TV - Play at 2x

Right Arrow again - Play at 4x

Right Arrow again - Play at 8x

Right Arrow again - Play at 16x

Up button to select the progress bar and while the progress bar is selected, press right or left arrow buttons on remote to play any point.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
Painkiller8818

Yeah this is requested for years, would be great to implement it as it is a normal basic function of all known players/media Centers.

Thanks

• Agree 1

AndyXH

Hello current in the Samsung tv Emby app you can only fast forward ever 10 to 15 sec and I know that you can change it on the server but I wish it was setup so you can click on the time and choice and move it like you could on the other Emby apps

• Agree 1

AndyXH
On 1/2/2017 at 5:38 AM, Jadel said:

Is there a way to jump to a time or fast forward somehow?

This is particularly troublesome with long sports shows or movies where getting to the 2 hour mark or something would require 240 30 second skips.

It becomes even worse since the app often loses the plt when skipping and goes back to the same time constantly, requiring me to exit playback and resume.

I cant see how to do it properly if there is a way.

2016 Samsung Tizen.

Any ideas?

Yes that’s what I’m asking for as well 

• Agree 1

AndyXH

What i mean is you have the bar that shows the time either if you told the fast forward button it will allow you to move the time bar fast then 15 or 30 sec or ability to go to the time bar and move it to the exact time you want to fast forward it to so for example if i was playing it via the computer i can take the cursor and move the time to the exact time i know with plex tv app you can go to the time bar and move it to whatever time you wish hope that makes sense 

• Agree 1

Revenent

For the time being, what I've done is basically use the Emby app on my phone to Remote Control the TV session.  Connect to the session that the TV is using, and then you can drag the seek bar on the phone to jump around.  Not a "built-in" solution, but it works pretty well.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 months later...
SkippyJohn
On 1/12/2021 at 2:28 PM, Revenent said:

For the time being, what I've done is basically use the Emby app on my phone to Remote Control the TV session.  Connect to the session that the TV is using, and then you can drag the seek bar on the phone to jump around.  Not a "built-in" solution, but it works pretty well.

This sounds like an interesting work-around.  I've used the phone app to manually move the resume point of a recording and then start from there on the TV app.  I'm interpreting your description to mean that while you are watching a recording on the TV app, you are controlling it from within the phone app.  If so, how do you "connect to the session the TV is using" from within the Emby app on your phone?  

doobre
On 3/15/2021 at 6:54 PM, SkippyJohn said:

This sounds like an interesting work-around.  I've used the phone app to manually move the resume point of a recording and then start from there on the TV app.  I'm interpreting your description to mean that while you are watching a recording on the TV app, you are controlling it from within the phone app.  If so, how do you "connect to the session the TV is using" from within the Emby app on your phone?  

Yes please... enlighten us on this trick please