Naming convention for Blu-Ray 3D

schmitty

schmitty

I have read that. I don't know which is the correct format though.

According to this post, Blu-Ray 3D is known as FHD3D. Perhaps, this could be added to the detection.

Edited by schmitty

schmitty

I just don't know which is the correct tag I should use, as I believe Blu-Ray 3D format is different to the options Emby detects.

Happy2Play

@@Luke

I don't have any 3d material but does it truly matter which one you select?  Does Emby do anything different besides identifying the media a 3D?

3dvideos1.png

Waldonnis

If it's a straight copy from a 3D BR disc, then it's likely MVC.  Note that not all software players support MVC, but it's gotten better recently.

Worst case, ffprobe will probably detect it, so you could try adding it without a suffix and see what the media info looks like (or just ffprobe manually/check with MediaInfo if you're on Windows), then just rename/re-add it afterward.

• Like 2

schmitty

I just had a look at Minions 3D in MakeMKV, and the video format is actually Mpeg4 MVC. Now that I know this, should the file tag be 3D-MVC, or should it be something else?

• Like 1

Waldonnis

I just had a look at Minions 3D in MakeMKV, and the video format is actually Mpeg4 MVC. Now that I know this, should the file tag be 3D-MVC, or should it be something else?

That should do it.  From the wiki, this example would be appropriate:

moviename-3D.mvc.mkv
  • Like 1