Music artist Image aspect ratio in the details page

tmb4016
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

tmb4016

Hi not sure if this can be done via css or not but I've just noticed the artist image aspect ratio in the details page is a vertical aspect ratio.

All my images and the aspect ratio sghow in the other views of artists image - ie artists, or album artist show a square ratio.

5868ef1fe57fd_square.png

Details pages is rectangular -

5868ef4907041_details.png

the actual image A/R is what you see on the detail screen. it's the list screen that is normalizing them for display in the list. There's no problem here.

Happy2Play

Except Emby stretching a 1000x1000 image.  Why not keep it square like Albums?

Happy2Play

Also these dimensions are wrong as they are all 1000x1000.

58697251242bf_wrong.jpg

The web a app is not doing that. Perhaps cover art is. As a test, try uninstalling it and seeing if the issue goes away. Thanks !

Happy2Play

@@Luke

Okay it is a image cache issue with that treatment, but I can't seem to find the cached image.  Changing treatment type corrects the issue.  But returning to that treatment type brings back the issue.

Which cache folder need deleted to try and resolve this issue?

Note doing this same test I do not see this issues on my test dev machine only my beta system, no music on stable system.

But the reported dimensions on Edit Image search screen are wrong as shown above.

Edited by Happy2Play

fanart doesn't provide dimensions in their api so the ones listed are based on their documentation. maybe we'll just not show a resolution in that situation.

• Solution
Happy2Play

@@tmb4016

This has to do with the selected treatment and the "Use original art aspect ratio" option in the plugin.  Enabling it will resolve the issue shown above.

• Like 2

tmb4016

Hi Happy - great stuff. That fixes it. Glad it was something simple. It was not major but just a bit annoying.

Thanks again and thanks Luke for clarification on the processing.