Crash to home screen with any media on XBox One S

UnderMiner

UnderMiner

Hello,

I have the latest server software and am trying Emby Theater on Xbox One S for the first time.

We can view the library but whenever we select any video to play, it crashes back to the Xbox home screen.  It hangs the Xbox when any music is selected.

Using the Xbox media player I can play files directly from the Emby folders.

Emby Theater works on a Windows 10 PC in our home and Emby works from all PC's and browsers.

I have an active Premiere subscription.

I restarted the Xbox twice but with no changes, I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

braddles69

@@Luke, I am also experiencing this after upgrading my synology package to server 3.1.2.  

Xbox one S latest firmware, , Emby Theater opens and navigates ok, however, once I select play on any chosen media files, I get a black screen, no audio and must "Xbox" home button to exit app, re-entering the app shows only black screen.

I tried unistalling and reinstalling the app, and received the same error, however, the  Xbox One S has no problem connecting and playing when I select "Brad-PC" server 3.1.2.

This appears to be only related to the synology server 3.1.2, trying to stream to xbox, it played ok to android tv, and chrome web app.

Logs as per https://1drv.ms/t/s!Ao9CbvPZr1y1lyWpgaJBKkQZ3_qb

Thanks Brad

There is a regression introduced in ffmpeg 3.2 that is affecting us. I have notified @@solabc16 that the synology package should remain on 3.1 for now until a patch with the fix gets merged into ffmpeg. thanks.

solabc16

Hello All

For Synology/XPEnology users, I've just published package 3.1.2.0-3.

Please update from Package Center if you are experiencing this issue.

Best

- James

braddles69

No problem James will use the package you finished, didn't realise you would have it ready so fast...;)

Thanks Brad

UnderMiner

Hello,

The Emby Theater update on January 5 seems to have corrected this issue, everything is now working.

Thanks,