Camera Upload settings missing from Devices section

alltester

alltester

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to report what seems to be a glitch/bug.  I've been trying to set up the camera upload section for our mobile devices and everything was going great until I tried to set a custom path for each of the devices.  According to the Camera Upload WIKI, there should be a place in the Devices section that allows me specify a path for the camera upload for each of the devices, but that option does not exist.

I've attached screenshots to show what my server is displaying, I can set the base path under Sync -> Camera Upload, but the device itself under the device settings does not have an option for a specific path.  I am currently running version 3.1.2.0 on Windows 8.1, and my mobile devices are running Android 6 and 7

In order to make my setup work for the moment, I edited the device.json file for the devices that have the feature enabled and changed the following line:

"CameraUploadPath":""

To:

"CameraUploadPath":"Drive:/Folder/Device1"

After making the changes to the files and restarting the service, I re-checked the device in the Devices tab and all I see still is the name change option and nothing else.

Camera upload is working fine so far, but there is no way to edit the specific path as described in the WIKI through the server interface nor the android app.

post-20726-0-58867600-1483244411_thumb.jpg

post-20726-0-58589300-1483244415_thumb.jpg

Fallen Archangel

I've noticed this as well.  They go to the default location of %appdata%\Emby\data\camerauploads\devicename
I just symlinked this folder to my external drive where I store everything.

(Actually I have the entire Emby folder symlinked in order to keep it off my SSD)

• 4 weeks later...
moosedookie

@@Luke, Hmm, that's strange. I do not have the option. See screenshots attached.
Not sure what is going on... Any ideas?

post-143118-0-51505400-1485902757_thumb.png

post-143118-0-91112500-1485902761_thumb.png

post-143118-0-19831400-1485902764_thumb.png

Edited by moosedookie

Make sure you're running the latest version of the app. Once you've done that, log into the app again, then check in the server dashboard.

moosedookie

Make sure you're running the latest version of the app. Once you've done that, log into the app again, then check in the server dashboard.

@@Luke, It's the craziest thing... Just got home from work and tried it again and now it works. I can now see the camera upload path. Not sure what that was all about but it's working.

Thanks for the help.  :D