.Nfo's not being created

timwagg

Hi All!

I've been looking through a number of the forum posts but can't seem to find a similar issues so thought I'd start a new thread.

About 5 days ago, I noticed that new imports to my Emby library (TV Shows) aren't displaying their names correctly within Kodi. Normally episodes would display within Kodi as follows;

Ep Number. Ep Name

e.g. 01. Episode Name

Whereas since the nfos have failed to write Kodi display the episodes as the file name title (which is renamed by Sonarr before being scanned into the Emby library);

Ep Number. Series Name - SXXEXX - Ep Name

e.g. 01. Family Guy - S15E01 - Episode Name

I've checked my settings within Emby and it's set to write the nfo files on import. I've tried to refresh the whole lib and also gone into metadata manager to refresh each episode and the whole series, neither is forcing the nfo to write.

I noticed that you can get Sonarr to write the nfos, however I set it up for Emby to do this to ensure they were compatible. All the naming conventions and the artwork is looked after my Sonarr before being passed into the directory on my NAS.

I'm running all software on a Windows 10 PC and all the media is stored on a Synology NAS.Thanks in advance, and let me know if you need any logs/screenshots etc!

Lastly, I do also have another question about getting Emby to scan for new content when it is added to the relevant folder on my NAS. I know Plex can do this by watching the folder but I can only see a timed option for Emby.

Edited by timwagg

mastrmind11

Auto Organize on the server dashboard will watch a folder.  Not sure if that's what you meant by "a timed option", but it's just a polling timer... Plex does the same thing.

The timed option I meant was that is auto refreshes the library every X hours rather than watching the directory for changes and then refreshing. I will check out the Auto Organise feature though and see how I get on.

If anyone else can help with the NFO issues that would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Thanks Luke - log attached. This was taken just after the most recent episode of Homeland was imported to my library. Just to confirm, I only use Emby for creating .nfos, all artwork and file renaming is done using Sonarr as its moved from the download folder onto my media drive.

The log seems to suggest the NFO provider can't provide an nfo for this episode/season, but this is happening for multiple different shows so I don't think it's an show specific issue, maybe the provider is playing up?

2016-12-31 00:51:54.2949 Debug App: Running FFProbeProvider for \\NAS\video\TVShows\Homeland\Season 6\Homeland - S06E01 - Fair Game.mkv
2016-12-31 00:51:54.2949 Debug MediaEncoder: C:\Users\server\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\ffmpeg\20160410\ffprobe.exe -i file:"\\NAS\video\TVShows\Homeland\Season 6\Homeland - S06E01 - Fair Game.mkv" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format
2016-12-31 00:51:54.8075 Debug App: Running EpisodeNfoProvider for \\NAS\video\TVShows\Homeland\Season 6\Homeland - S06E01 - Fair Game.mkv
2016-12-31 00:51:54.8225 Debug App: EpisodeNfoProvider returned no metadata for \\NAS\video\TVShows\Homeland\Season 6\Homeland - S06E01 - Fair Game.mkv
2016-12-31 00:51:54.8225 Debug App: Running EpisodeXmlProvider for \\NAS\video\TVShows\Homeland\Season 6\Homeland - S06E01 - Fair Game.mkv
2016-12-31 00:51:54.8346 Debug App: EpisodeXmlProvider returned no metadata for \\NAS\video\TVShows\Homeland\Season 6\Homeland - S06E01 - Fair Game.mkv
2016-12-31 00:51:54.8499 Debug App: Date modified for \\NAS\video\TVShows\Homeland\Season 6\Homeland - S06E01 - Fair Game.mkv. Old date 01/01/0001 00:00:00 new date 30/12/2016 22:50:00 Id 310f8807-1c58-36af-356e-4e1ef7006a16
2016-12-31 00:51:54.8499 Debug App: Saving \\NAS\video\TVShows\Homeland\Season 6\Homeland - S06E01 - Fair Game.mkv to database.

Thanks

Log.txt

Edited by timwagg

go into your tv library in library setup and ensure that both internet metadata and saving local metadata are enabled.

Happy2Play

Didn't have an issue getting the information just now "Homeland - S06E01 - Fair Game.nfo".  Could the information have just been updated to api since that episode doesn't come out until 1/15?

2016-12-31 11:33:52.4623 Debug ProviderManager: Saving C:\Users\Media-Test\Desktop\Video Test\TV Series\Homeland\Season 6\Homeland - S06E01 - Fair Game.disc to Nfo.
Edited by Happy2Play

timwagg

Seems those two check boxes weren't selected, thanks for the advice Luke. Not sure what happened as it's previously worked fine, did something change in recent updates?