Feature Request: Auto-Organize

Rowlett

Hi,

the Auto-Organize is a fantastic addition to MB3 and work really well! was just wondering can there be an option whether the file gets moved or copied across.

Thanks

Lee

at the minute Auto-Organize moves files from a download folder of your choice i was asking if you could have an option so you can have it so that it just copies the file instead of moving

ScottIsAFool

I must have missed something I didn't know there was an auto organize lol!

It's a new feature that's in the dev branch of the server.

jibenito
I'd like too that auto organize would may copy instead move. I've tested this option and works great, but it moves the tv episodes recently downloaded and I cannot continue sharing it. 

If i could copy, I'll handle my downloaded archives by a hand and MB will handle the episodes by the other hand.

Thanks!!

politby

Can we have it do movies as well as TV shows?

If it could read WTV metadata, rename and automatically put in movie folders - awesome!

THANKS!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

The function is feature-complete in terms of releasing it. For any additions on top of what it already does I will want to wait and gauge community interest.

I think the over all consensus from the community is that the auto organize functionality is very useful.

Coping files instead of moving them is probably the next step for this server ability.

I realize that some certain applications don't like it when you mess with folder structure after a down load.

This does make things difficult to move files with the auto organize feature.

Also, I did bring this up in another thread, but I will re confirm it here, the auto organize feature should have a comma delimited search for its folder watching dialogue.

It needs this for the same reason it needs to copy files instead of simply moving them.

Some folder will be un compressed files which have been moved automatically during decompression, and other files will be the actual media file in a folder. Because certain applications don not like you mucking up folder structure by adding files or removing them, these compressed files must be decompressed into another folder structure, then moved into the appropriate library, where as the files from the DL folder must be copied, so folder structure does not get altered.

Wonderful job team! Everyone is doing a great job!