Live tv transcoding failing

mwongjay

mwongjay

Unraid Server: v6.2.4

Emby Server: v3.1.2

Fire TV Box: v5.2.4.0

Fire TV App: v1.3.12a

Can't stream live tv to fire tv's that use transcoding.

Live tv (transcoded) in browser - works fine

Live tv (transcoded) on iOS app - works fine

Remote streaming live tv (transcoded) in browser - works fine

Remote streaming live tv (transcoded) on iOS app - works fine

I think the issue is related to the new version of ffmpeg as discussed in the following thread:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/43135-android-apps-will-not-play-anything-that-needs-transcoded-audio/

Suggestion provided by Luke was to roll back the ffmpeg version in the Transcoding menu, however, that option isn't visible. Another thread mentioned the ffmpeg path was only available on specific platforms.

Would be great if there was a quick fix to get this working remotely again quickly while I'm away from home. Thanks guys!

I'm having this issue as well with server 3.1.2 on Windows 10 and Android TV client 1.3.12g (tested on shield and nexus player). Tried the built in ffmpeg as well as several other versions (3.2.2 and some older 2.8.x versions) and same problem. ffmpeg process starts and crashes several times then a message pops up that says "too many errors, giving up". Works fine in chrome and on android phones. Other videos play fine too, recorded tv, movies, etc. It's just live tv that has this problem.

I'm having this issue as well with server 3.1.2 on Windows 10 and Android TV client 1.3.12g (tested on shield and nexus player). Tried the built in ffmpeg as well as several other versions (3.2.2 and some older 2.8.x versions) and same problem. ffmpeg process starts and crashes several times then a message pops up that says "too many errors, giving up". Works fine in chrome and on android phones. Other videos play fine too, recorded tv, movies, etc. It's just live tv that has this problem.

Can you try the beta version on your shield or np and see if it works?  Thanks.

Android Open Beta Testing

scsherman

I just signed up for the Android TV Beta and can confirm this fixed my streaming issues on my Sony 55X850D TV as well.