Bulk edit of MPAA rating data?

Rumbaar

Rumbaar

Hi,

I've been using EMBY since the MediaBrowser days, in combination with MCM (Media Center Master).  Which in the past handled the heavy lifting for media organisation and metadata fetching.

With EMBY I'm trying to use parental controls, now I have a mixture of US and Australian (local) MPAA ratings.  EMBY likes AU-??, when you define a local rating and it populates with only those options in the parental control.  Which it can handle AU-G and G, but it runs into issues with PG-13 and it's equivalent AU-M,AU-MA+ settings.  If you set parental to AU-M it ignores PG-13 (which in the technical definition of a caparison could equal either M or MA+), so I want to bulk edit them to a rating EMBY can handle.

So I'm looking to see if it's possible, or the best solution, to tidy up my library and bulk edit 100+ movies that have incorrect local based MPAA ratings (not just PG-13 rated movies).  I've asked this over at MCM forums as well, as looking to see if Pete has a solution.

I've seen a number of threads on bulk editing, with talk of something might be worked on.  MetaBrowser are an application appears to be dead, non-maintained at the source so can't even activate.

Suggestions welcome.

Cheers,

Happy2Play

Currently, there is no bulk edit option.

Some more discussion here.

Couldn't you use something like Notepad ++ and search all nfo/xml files and replace PG-13 with your rating preference?

Rumbaar

Currently, there is no bulk edit option.

Some more discussion here.

Couldn't you use something like Notepad ++ and search all nfo/xml files and replace PG-13 with your rating preference?

Yes, and I saw that thread also.  I also saw the same, we're working on it from a bulk edit post from 2012 or so ... ;)

That might be a viable option, I'll see how I go with that.  Currently it's a simple issue with those PG-13 related content.  Thanks, hadn't thought of it.

Rumbaar

Not sure why this was moved to Windows/General, I would assumed it's a infrastructure thing across all platforms.  But all good.

Tried the bulk Notepad++ bulk change, which in Windows 10 and current EMBY server seemed to cause a major pagefile.sys major re-write and CPU/RAM and Disk meltdown.   Left it running, and after around 18 hours came back to a unresponsive machine still working on something related to caching.   Shutdown the system, and restarted fixed the issue.

Is that kind of bulk activity and library settings impact on that kind of activity?  Should I disable some monitoring or other process until it's complete?  Should I shutdown the EMBY server when I perform this kind of actions?  I've had that impact issue before, which I very recently migrated to a SSD for the primary drive to help avoid it.  But it seems it wasn't the spindle drive causing the bottleneck.

Happy2Play

I noticed the same thing when I did a "Update score and status" in MCM on my movie collection, Emby started sucking up resources.  I would disable "Real time Monitoring" on each library you are modifying, to prevent this.   Or shutting down Emby if that is as option.

Rumbaar

I noticed the same thing when I did a "Update score and status" in MCM on my movie collection, Emby started sucking up resources.  I would disable "Real time Monitoring" on each library you are modifying, to prevent this.   Or shutting down Emby if that is as option.

Yeah, I've found the same issue with bulk MCM edits also.  I wonder what it's causing in the background processes of EMBY server.  But yes I can shutdown the server when I perform such large scale maintenance.

Happy2Play

I believe it is the "Real Time Monitoring" setting (a per library setting), so changes are detected without having to perform a full Library scan.

Rumbaar

Yeah, I've since disabled that until I've finalized the majority of my bulk maintenance.