Audio Track Question

Michael K.

Michael K.

I need some advice on how I should present my audio tracks within MKV containers for use with Emby on Apple TV.

I have Dolby Atmos TrueHD 7.1 flagged within the MKV container as the default track. When I press play, the output is in stereo. Is this intended? Can Emby transcode the Dolby 7.1 to Dolby Digital 5.1 to be compatible with Apple TV?

I also have the Dolby Digital 5.1 track available. When I select this track, the output comes in Dolby Digital 5.1. So, if Emby cannot transcode 7.1 to 5.1, then I will go ahead and mark all the 5.1 tracks as default for the future... is that the best way to proceed?

Thanks!

We could do that, but i would also suggest marking them as default anyway because it might allow the file to just direct play.

Michael K.

We could do that, but i would also suggest marking them as default anyway because it might allow the file to just direct play.

It seems like marking them as default would cause other player devices that use 7.1 to suffer. Having the highest quality marked as default would certainly be ideal.

Could you include a setting on the Apple TV to set the default audio track?  I see you have already already done this with the subtitle language tracks. Would it be just as easy to do with audio tracks as well?