Got network?

Guest asrequested

PenkethBoy

Ok the newest intel drivers have some fixes i believe but the default ones work ok i think

Guest asrequested

They worked perfectly, last night. I did test on file copying. 225MB/s. I've ordered those other SFP+ cards, in case I decide to be impatient and buy that other switch lol

Guest asrequested

So easy to do, lol. What I want is to be able to transfer files at the full write speed of the drives, and be able to download and stream simultaneously, with room to spare. Even with 2g, file transfer eats all the bandwidth.

pir8radio

:(

Do you not have the intel drivers installed?  Teaming and VLAN's work on windows 10 for me, but you cant use the Microsoft drivers.

Guest asrequested

Do you not have the intel drivers installed?  Teaming and VLAN's work on windows 10 for me, but you cant use the Microsoft drivers.

I downloaded the latest they had

5875ac57c144f_Snapshot_428.jpg

PenkethBoy

Yep they are the same as mine

Intel Teaming in Win 10 is disabled but the next release of the Intel drivers should (fingers crossed) fix that.as they have found the issue

SMB MP => SMB Multipath - if you have multipath then teaming is a bit redundant

Swynol

what version of win10 are you using? not sure it matters but incase it only works on enterprise and pro

Guest asrequested

I'm running windows 10 pro.

I've got both ports hooked up. So I assume that's multi-path with smb3. I want to see if can use the onboard port with teaming.

PenkethBoy

Not until Intel release the drivers - or you have other lan ports by other manufacturers

punchycool
  1. 120 mbps / 10 mbps download/upload lines from Xfinity cable     //hardwired via RG59U into >>
  2. Netgear C3000   //Modem hardwired via cat6 to downstairs >>
  3. Netgear R8000 Nighthawk X6 AC3200    //used as router/wifi that feeds
    1. (1) Synology DS416 NAS    //hardwired to router via USB 3.0
    2. (4) iphones    //wifi
    3. (1) Apple TV   //hardwired to router via cat6 that servers up Emby, HBOGo, DirecTVNow, etc
    4. (2) ipads   //wifi
    5. (1) Emby server running in old (2007) Micro-ATX case w/Athlon 64 X2 4400+/8GB DDR2 RAM / Ubuntu  //hardwired to router via cat6
    6. (1) Dell 2015 laptop   //wifi
    7. (1) Wii   //wifi
    8. (2) Roku 3   //feeds a couple extra TVs

Extremely happy with this setup less the hardware behind #5 ;).

I get consistent 1000 mbps internal data transfer speeds across the ethernet and 100-120 mbps wifi data speeds all over my 1/3 acre lot.

Edited by punchycool

Rumbaar

I've always found the USB interface on my routers to be slow and speed limiting. That's faster than network attached?

• 1 month later...
PenkethBoy

cool!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if SMB Multipath still works when the cards are teamed ....hmmm...my guess is not but we will see

now where do i get a 10G+ stream from to test?  :o

Guest asrequested

cool!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if SMB Multipath still works when the cards are teamed ....hmmm...my guess is not but we will see

now where do i get a 10G+ stream from to test? :o

Lol I know, right? Probably just have to use a testing app. I feel like I'm going buy a 12 Gb/s SAS card in the not too distant future