Random Movies Don't Follow Specific Treatment Rules

rsaxman

I have a specific treatment set up in Cover Art for nearly every type of file. Randomly, I have movies of varying file type that don't seem to want to place nice. It happens with .avi, MKV, .mp4, etc. The ones that don't adhere to the rules show up as a DVD style case, but with no description (doesn't say DVD, BD, etc.)

I'm sure it isn't random.  Those files probably have a codec that isn't understood by CA.

Specific exmples?

mp4 is a container and h264 is a codec.  They are independent of one another.  CA will apply codec-specific treatments to codecs it understands for certain image sets and then fall back to the container type if it doesn't understand the codec.

Change the treatment style for your movies and then bring one of these up in the web client.  Then post the server log (be sure you are in debug mode).

I see you moving around in the CA config but never saw you change the treatment style of anything.  Change your movies to a different treatment style (like ClearCase or FlatCase or anything other than what it is now) and then bring one of those movies up in the web client and then post the server log from that.

Okay, it is using the default frame for The Avengers.  The codec is not even interrogated.  Best guess as to why would be that we don't have any video stream information for the item.

Bring it up in the web client and tell me what is in this area:

52e900605471a_videocodec.png

There is no audio or video information for the affected movies

There is your answer.  There is nothing CoverArt can do except use the default cover.  We don't have any information to go on.

More than likely, the movie was picked up by MB before you had completely finished ripping or copying it to the loctation which caused the interrogation of the video file itself to fail.  Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way for you to force the server to try to re-analyze the file other than changing its date.

This is something I believe Luke is looking into improving.

No, you don't need to re-rip them.  Just use a utility to bump their modified time by a couple minutes.

Did you run a library scan after you modified the file dates?

Do they now show video codec information in the web client?